Since new software- Droid won't let me log in to market with Google account

weezer17

Reaction score
Everytime I try and go into the Market it asks me for my u tube password. For some reason I had 2 different passwords for gmail & utube. A tech at Verizon told me to go into google and reset it so that I will only have one. That didn't help it still asks for my utube passwrod and I've tried every password a couple of times. Another tech told me to uninstall utube that didn't work. I am now being told that I will have to wipe out my phone and start over. I blame the new software which has already made my phone do wierd things. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone give me advice about what to do or not do when wiping your phone and re-setting it? Thanks

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Yes, go into Settings > Accounts & Sync (D1 menu - might say it a bit differently on the DX) and see what accounts you have there, try to delete utube and keep only the Google.

Starlifter

Reaction score
Yes, go into Settings > Accounts & Sync (D1 menu - might say it a bit differently on the DX) and see what accounts you have there, try to delete utube and keep only the Google.
I had the same problem and this worked for me, thanks.

eazye_88

Reaction score
I had the same problem..market wouldnt let me log in ...so account settings and delete the account u cant log in with...worked for me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Fonzz

Reaction score
me too, and deleting the youtube account worked...but damn!!, now I have to re-log into youtube if/whenever I want to upload a video there...and then delete the account again if I need to do ANYTHING in market...
I knew there would be trouble when I first saw that "log into youtube with your google account" crap!
I also changed my youtube password to the same as google, still no dice.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
You should use a pc and go into your Googlers account page,there will be an option to merge accounts. Once you do that Google would sign u in to both accounts using one login..

Sent from my Sourcerized D1