Would love to flash CM& to my X, but I have some questions

BrandonWhiteside

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've had my DroidX since the day it came out. I have never been a fan of the frequent hangups and slow-downs with the OS. I am currently running the rooted .602 software, with bloat freezer, GO Launcher, etc.

I am quite set on flashing CM7. I am having a lot of trouble finding a start to finish guide on the best approach. I understand the process of flashing, but I am somewhat lost on the best backup solution because I dont want to lose all of my application data.

I have looked on multiple forums including this one, and can't seem to find a simple start to finish guide. I am on a Mac, and the sticky above doesn't go into much detail about that.

Thanks for any help.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The easiest way to back stuffs up do you don't lose it... Get an app like my backup it titanium back up... Use that to back up everything to your sd card then after you flash you can use the app the restore everything...

Post script: since your on ginger bread.. your getting the version over at rootzwiki... Not the official one... Correct...
And do not restore system data... Gingerbread doesn't like that

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
B

BrandonWhiteside

Reaction score
Ok. My next question would be where can I get the latest and greatest files for this? I see a lot of official/unofficial and I'm not sure that unofficial is safe.

* I have no problem SBFing backwards to Froyo and then doing the OTA GB.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok. My next question would be where can I get the latest and greatest files for this? I see a lot of official/unofficial and I'm not sure that unofficial is safe.

* I have no problem SBFing backwards to Froyo and then doing the OTA GB.

The unofficial is safe... The difference is the official runs off the older froyo kernel while rev's over at rootzwiki runs off the ginger kernel...
And here's the link to the latest
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb/

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
B

BrandonWhiteside

Reaction score
Last question: Can anyone point me to a guide or something that gives detailed instructions on how to SBF via the terminal or a program made specifically for Mac? I'm seeing a lot of brief instructions and things that don't fully explain it.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Linux method in my signature works great on macs..
Nothing to install... Just burn a disc and "boot baby boot"

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer