Would I have to pay Full Price?

Neko

Reaction score
I emailed Verizon about getting the Droid X and they said "I do see that you are not eligible for an upgrade until 11/25/2010, You are able to add an additional line to your account to receive the Droid X at the two year price at release."

My son just moved out I just paid a termination fee to cut my second line, I am not going to get a second line again that no one is going to use :icon_eek:

If I want to get the Droid X can I get some kind of a discount? Or pay Full Price?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Unfortunately if you don't wanna add a line you are gonna have to pay full price or wait until 11/25. If you can't wait just pay full retail and turn around and sell your Droid. They are still getting around $250-$300 on ebay.

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you don't wanna add a line you are gonna have to pay full price or wait until 11/25. If you can't wait just pay full retail and turn around and sell your Droid. They are still getting around $250-$300 on ebay.

Thanks for the reply... I wasnt sure how much the Droid was selling for on Ebay. Not sure if I'll wait, gee's $500-$600 is a lot on a fix income.

spyderz

Reaction score
wait

I'd wait, that is alot of money for a phone. I've been in that boat quite a few times (contract not up, or not close enough to the end) Yea it sucks, but saving 300 makes it worth the wait.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yup and waiting may pay off in other ways too. There might be a phone (or 2 or 3) that we don't know about right now that may be announced right around upgrade time that you want more than the X. Not saying you should wait to find out because we all know how quick technology changes. But if you are not in a situation financially right now maybe waiting will pay off for you in more than one way. Less money out of pocket for a phone you will like more.

sroach23

Reaction score
verizon said if you are eligible for an upgrade by the end of the year, you are eligible for the upgrade when the droid x comes out.

hendrix

Reaction score
verizon said if you are eligible for an upgrade by the end of the year, you are eligible for the upgrade when the droid x comes out.

Technically it says that if your contract is up in 2010 you can get an early upgrade. If his upgrade date is nov then his contract wont be up until march.

Ferradinho

Reaction score
The smartphone upgrade promo is for lines that the contract ends by Dec 31. Upgrades are at 20 months so your upgrade date would have to be no later than August 30th...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk