Words With Friends (iPhone) - Similar game for Droid?

sapient79

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if a game like this exists for the Droid or if it may be ported over at some point. Not just a word game--I know there are many of these in the Market--but an actual good representation of Scrabble that can be played with friends.

Aviedo

Reaction score
Same Request

I also would love to be able to play Words With Friends with my friends and family who have the app on their iphones and ipod touch. It seems that very few of the really good free apps for iphone are available for Droid.

The Droid won't be much competition for the iphone without equivalent apps.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im sure that app wasn't available the first month iphone was out. good grief. give it time

Aviedo

Reaction score
Im sure that app wasn't available the first month iphone was out. good grief. give it time
It might never happen if they don't realize that there are people interested in having that app for the Droid, and that is all the 3 of us are doing, "Expressing Interest". By the way the Droid has been available for nearly 2 months now.

OP
S

sapient79

Reaction score
I sent an email to Newtoy and got the response I was pretty much expecting:

"Thanks for writing. At this time we're entirely focused on the iPhone. But maybe in the future!

Sent from my iPhone"

Argh... I especially like the 'Sent from my iPhone' part! Anyway, doesn't look like they have any Android plans but I suggest you email them too.... until they do!

2amReply

Reaction score
I miss this game! I had to forfeit 4 ongoing games when I switched providers! Haha

rabyfox

Reaction score
I just emailed a suggestion to newtoy as well and have yet to hear anything back. All my friends with the iphone all have this app and I've been scouring android market for something similiar and nothing exists! So frustrating! Droid is a better phone it just needs better apps asap!

NYZ93

Reaction score
Truth is I dont know an answere to your question but it will take android a long time to catch up with apple's app store but maybe we will one day who knows but as far as games go apple has us beat by ALOT And trust me im very far from an apple fanboy Very far

OP
S

sapient79

Reaction score
I just emailed a suggestion to newtoy as well and have yet to hear anything back. All my friends with the iphone all have this app and I've been scouring android market for something similiar and nothing exists! So frustrating! Droid is a better phone it just needs better apps asap!

don't forget to bug them on their facebook fan pages too!

Newtoy Inc. | Facebook

Words with Friends | Facebook

If we bug them, they will port!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha lol I was just wondering this also, ever since my friend (who has an iPhone blahhhh) made me download it to play on my iPod Touch. It's pretty fun!

I'd would definitely love to play on my droid with my friend on her iPhone. I wish they made games more universal :(

rabyfox

Reaction score
If I had a facebook I would gladly bug them! But I will keep sending requests since I had to setup an account even though I don't have the app! I guess we have to wait awhile until we see more apps for droid andwhen the malls start having droid cell phone cover stands! Because there are virtually no choices or color varities yet. Is teal that hard to find?? Curse yoou iphone!

rabyfox

Reaction score
They have just not replied to any of my requests!! They are ignoring us droid users. This is so frustrating. Please continue to inundate them with requestso