wont charge past 90%

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
Won't charge past 90%. I just updated to 2.2 and my phone has been at 90% charge for w hours. How do I get it to fully charge?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd drain and let it die then recharge on approved AC charger.
had this happen once.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't charge past 90%. I just updated to 2.2 and my phone has been at 90% charge for w hours. How do I get it to fully charge?

There has got to be an app running that's keeping it from reaching maximum charge. Does it feel hot?

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
looks like it wasn't the battery, was the program (battery time)

i had it when i was using 2.1, then i upgraded to 2.2 and it didn't go to 100%. I just reinstalled it and looks like i'm getting the correct reading again

I found out that i was getting incorrect reading by looking at the "locked" screen when i'm charging. It shoes the phone's reading on the screen.

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
update. My problem is not fixed. I still can't charge past 90%. The phone has been charging w/ original charger sitting there idling for over 2 hours and its still maxing out at 90%. How do i go about this???

There has got to be an app running that's keeping it from reaching maximum charge. Does it feel hot?

how can i find out which app is sucking up the battery while running in the backgroud to keep it from reaching 100%. The battery successfully charged from 60% -> 90% though...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how can i find out which app is sucking up the battery while running in the backgroud to keep it from reaching 100%. The battery successfully charged from 60% -> 90% though...

settings>about phone>battery use

Vivien

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Atrix and am experiencing the same problem. After updating my phone it can not charge past 80% (as displayed on the lock screen). However if I turn off my phone and turn on again it shows it fully charged. I believe that the update has caused some glitch in displaying the correct percentage of battery. Does anyone have anone have any knowledge on this issue? Thanks!

SacramentoDJ

Reaction score
Turn the power off and you will notice...

the charge is at 100%...it is probably a bug in the software...It wasn't happening with the earlier version of the OS for me...only after the Gingerbread update...

Brhad56

Reaction score
90% Charging Solution

I had the same problem, where my ATRIX would not charge past 90%. Based upon reading the android hackers posts for solutions to this problem I found one that worked for me.

1) Let your battery fall to 0%. (Play a game or something till it shuts itself down)
2) Pull out battery
3) wait 30 seconds put it back in
4) Charge phone from wall mount.DO NOT TURN PHONE ON
5) DO NOT TURN PHONE BACK ON , let it charge while off. Don't press button to check status or anything, just give it enough time fully charge. 5 hours should work.
6) After 5+ hours haveshould elapsed, leaving phone still plugged in, pull out battery
7) After Motorola logo pops up, unplug phone.
8) Put battery back in.
9) Turn on phone. It should now say 100%

Seems there is a battery statistic file that your trying to fix. I read about rooting your phone and running battery calibration tools but my phone isn't rooted and I built this solution trying to reproduce the phone receiving a fresh new battery. I honestly don't know if all the steps are required, but its what I did and it worked for me. Good luck.