Latest Update Bug?

BoltFan

Reaction score
A few days ago, my phone automatically updated to the latest software. However, since then, my YouTube App has been acting up. About 75-90% of the time, videos won't play. It says there's an error and it cannot be played, even videos I've already watched tons of times. And if they do play, 90% of the time when I use the trackbar to skip ahead on the videos, the video will crash and tell me there's an error.

Is there a problem with the update, or is it something to do with the YouTube app?

PS- This sometimes happened in the past before the update, but rarely. Now it happens most of the time.

OP
B

BoltFan

Reaction score
Good point. I forget that not everyone's rooted. :)

Is there an update on the market for it?

Not that I can tell. When I go to the App, there is no Update feature. So the only thing I can think of is just downloading a second YT App.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That won't work.

Okay, since you're a stock user the options are VERY limited. Check the app manager to see if you can uninstall updates. If all else fails, consider a factory reset as this quite often fixes issues like that. Before doing that, try a manual reinstall of the OTA update file. Finally, root your phone and don't look back. ;)