Woman Refuses To Give Up Smartphone to Robber and Gets Shot

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd hand them my phone but it wouldn't be a friendly transaction for them. They'd have my 9mm pointing right back.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Again this is Houston!!! Most of us carry Guns! This Punk was VERY LUCKY!! If he keeps trying to steal phones..... or whatever... Most likey he is going to end up shot himself!.
Throw the phone one way you run the other..... "theif is now confused" Get out your gun and shoot thief in confusion!! Done Deal!!!!
Idk.. There were people who played tje knockout game and didn't get caught or shot...i think they may have been lucky..
I live just outside of Houston and I'm there everyday for work.. And indeed, most people down here are carrying..

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"I almost lost my life on a $700 phone," she said. "I don't get it."

She won't make it very far in life. She's one of those Darwin Awards candidates.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Weird how we've turned into a victim society. This is how 9/11 came about. If more people stood up for themselves their would be less of this kind of crime.

I don't think handing your phone over to someone with a gun makes us a Victim Society.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Weird how we've turned into a victim society. This is how 9/11 came about. If more people stood up for themselves their would be less of this kind of crime.
How do you stand up against a gun? Becoming a corpse in a morgue doesn't exactly make us an intelligent specie. That's how some became extinct

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There's lots of ways to stand up to a gun.. No promise you won't get shot.. But martial artists and street fighters alike, all have ways of combating guns in close proximity.. Even medium proximity... In this case, he was in relatively close proximity..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only reason to stand up to a gun is if you are absolutely sure that you will get shot even if you comply with a gunman. If there is anything you can do to diffuse situation, you have to take that route. In this case giving up your "stupid" phone would have been a more sensible choice.

Kung fuing your way out of a deadly situation is not something majority of people are able to do.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's not about kung fuing your way out of a deadly situation, it's about basic self defense skills & standing your ground, something we all should know how to do. Which goes back to the whole "victim society" issue. People these days are so content with just letting everyone walk all over them, whether it be somebody robbing you, or net neutrality, or NSA snooping, to basic freedoms we loose each day because of laws we allow to pass.....I can go on and on...... this all because of the "I can't do anything about it, so let me just give up" mentality of this country. :banghead:

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some of you are crazy. . . Or just dumb. . . I can't decide. If someone is pointing a gun at you, you probably don't have time to pull your piece. You're not Clint Eastwood. Not to mention, basic self-defense wouldn't help you. It's a gun. . . Pointed at you. Your basic self-defense course at your local community center didn't quite prepare you for this. Ask any professional, physical or mental, and they'll all agree that you should cooperate, especially in this situation.

Do you really think she thought he would really try and kill her over a phone? I doubt it, but it's proof that sometimes, you're just lucky. But, why test the waters? It's replaceable, you're not.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sure it's just a phone, but where does it end. This woman obviously had enough and she put up a fight, I say good for her! What if someone came into your house and threatened your family. Would you just let it happen, or would do everything in your power to protect yourself, your family and your property. I know what I would do. If you think I'm dumb because of it, so be it. Your opinion isn't going to be there to protect me.

tap'n on my S5

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sure it's just a phone, but where does it end. This woman obviously had enough and she put up a fight, I say good for her! What if someone came into your house and threatened your family. Would you just let it happen, or would do everything in your power to protect yourself, your family and your property. I know what I would do. If you think I'm dumb because of it, so be it. Your opinion isn't going to be there to protect me.

tap'n on my S5

Right, and because you won't swallow your pride, you and your family are more likely to be harmed. If it were me, they can take whatever they would like. There is nothing in my home more valuable than the life of a loved one. Now, if someone is coming in just to harm my family, that's a different issue, but the majority of the time, thieves are coming for replaceable goods, not to physically harm anyone.

I would be willing to bet that was the intention of the smartphone thief. He only wanted to harm her after she denied what he wanted.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

tap'n on my S5
Protecting your home and being robbed on the street are two different things. And she didn't put up a fight, she was shot and he was a bad shot. Pure luck as she would have been 6 feet under right now if I was shooting.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right, and because you won't swallow your pride, you and your family are more likely to be harmed.

Totally agree.

wtf is wrong with some of you?
"Don't be a victim, fight for your PHONE?!?!?!"
Y'know everyone tosses that $650 number around but let's be serious. MOST people pay $200 for a phone OR EVEN LESSS.

So when my 4 year old asks mommy "where's daddy?"...
"Being your daddy wasn't worth as much as his $200 phone....."

His gun is out. He wants your phone that is in your hand. You're really going to go all Wyatt Earp and try to get your gun out, point it at him and shoot before he can simply pull the trigger? BS.
So you risk your life... possibly the lives of people nearby... for $200. It is not a VICTIM SOCIETY when someone choose the SMART option over a GD shootout over a $200 PHONE.

"Gimmee your phone" Gun pointed at me...
"You sure about this???"
"Yea yea, give it to me or I shoot you"
"Here ya go....." Hand him phone....
THEN as he's running away, I pull out my gun and shoot the bastard. Not to kill either because I want to see the look in his eyes when I snatch my phone back out of his hand.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Totally agree.

wtf is wrong with some of you?
"Don't be a victim, fight for your PHONE?!?!?!"
Y'know everyone tosses that $650 number around but let's be serious. MOST people pay $200 for a phone OR EVEN LESSS.

So when my 4 year old asks mommy "where's daddy?"...
"Being your daddy wasn't worth as much as his $200 phone....."

His gun is out. He wants your phone that is in your hand. You're really going to go all Wyatt Earp and try to get your gun out, point it at him and shoot before he can simply pull the trigger? BS.
So you risk your life... possibly the lives of people nearby... for $200. It is not a VICTIM SOCIETY when someone choose the SMART option over a GD shootout over a $200 PHONE.

"Gimmee your phone" Gun pointed at me...
"You sure about this???"
"Yea yea, give it to me or I shoot you"
"Here ya go....." Hand him phone....
THEN as he's running away, I pull out my gun and shoot the bastard. Not to kill either because I want to see the look in his eyes when I snatch my phone back out of his hand.
Keep in mind that if by chance you did kill him, your at fault as you were no longer in danger.