Without WiFi/3G need help accessing internet

Reaction score
Hey all, I am in China and don't know enough to get a China SIM card that has 3G access. I also do not have the ability to get to an area with WiFi. However, I have hardwire access and have created an Ad-Hoc WEP encrypted network with ICS on Windows 7. My phone can see the network and connect, but I get no internet access. It gives me a warning but I can't open the warning, it just says part of it in the notification bar -- something about Ad-Hoc power consumption. Any ideas how I can connect my Droid 2 (Global, technically) to the internet to get updates/access the market, etc. with my setup? Can I use Bluetooth to accomplish this? I realize USB backward-tethering doesn't quite exist. Any help would be great! Thanks!

mufazzal123

Reaction score
I am also facing a similar problem here in India.
Any help is really appreciated.
Is there no way to access internet from my laptop to my Droid 2 global through a usb cable?

OP
S
Reaction score
Mufazzal: I have downloaded Connectify (freeware) which can broadcast a signal from your laptop's wireless connection (provided you are connected to a LAN line). It has worked great here in China! The D2G has no problem recognizing/connecting to it.

Hope this helps!

mufazzal123

Reaction score
Mufazzal: I have downloaded Connectify (freeware) which can broadcast a signal from your laptop's wireless connection (provided you are connected to a LAN line). It has worked great here in China! The D2G has no problem recognizing/connecting to it.

Hope this helps!

I had tried that software before, but I am using wireless usb broadband.
Also today I was able to connect my droid through ad-hoc connection after a lot of research and sweating.
Also you can try Virtual Router it also works well.