Wireless Tunes from Your Android to Your Car

D

DougDroid

tunelinkauto-sg.jpg
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/img/tunelinkauto-sg.jpg[/img][/center]

If you like music in your car and carry all your favorite tunes on your Android, here's a cool new gizmo for you! New Potato Technologies designed a wireless bluetooth device to beam your songs directly into your car stereo via FM or direct connect. They call it Tunelink Auto for Android, and it looks pretty nifty. The primary facilitator is a DC adapter that plugs into your car power port. It has an FM transmitter and Bluetooth adapter built-in and includes an auxiliary out. It even comes with a USB port so that you can charge your smartphone or other devices while on the go! The tuner program for the device can be downloaded free from The Market, when it becomes available, which should be sometime in January for $99.99.

Source: Androidcommunity

by dgstorm

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Seems overpriced to me. If your headunit already has an aux in just buy a cord to plug it up to your head unit. If not, an fm transmitter would suffice and if your car has bluetooth then just go directly to the headunit. Looks like a waste of money to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Artimis

Reaction score
I have a bluetooth to FM adapter that I picked up on ebay for much cheaper than that. It was like $20 shipped from China. May not be the highest quality device but it certainly gets the job done. Lets me stream pandora through my car stereo from my phone and also has a built in mic for answering calls.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks cool, but I prefer the hard line method for better sound quality :)

djsiva

Reaction score
I use the Motorola T505. It's about the same price and doesn't require any app on the phone.

Big Ry

Reaction score
My pioneer deh-9800BT that I got in 2006 does bluetooth audio and fully interfaces with an ipod (ONLY reason I own an ipod is cause this was the first stereo to be capable of interfacing with an mp3 device). This thing sounds nice, but definitely overpriced!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Wow, this seems way over priced. FM transmiters are like $10 at walmart. I don't get this... it doesn't seem like it does anything new, it just looks fancy :S

y0manda

Reaction score
These are for those who don't know how to do things the right way. If you want to listen to music from your phone to car you should go through the head unit, either by bluetooth( which most new head units support) or plug from your phone's head set, to aux input in head unit. Bluetooth will sound better IMO.