Wireless tether problem fixed?

the5

Reaction score
Has the wireless tether problem been fixed yet?

Mace Windu

Reaction score
Nope. Brings up verizon wireless disclaimer screen. Not functional. I an running liberty .8 aosp looking forward to the next iteration.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

flyinfool2

Reaction score
Here, flash this in CWM. It installs wireless tether and removes verizon tracking files. Works great on my droid x with verizon mobile hotspot app or android wireless tether.

http://db.tt/JjhEi0W

Sent from a DROID X

Mace Windu

Reaction score
What exactly the unpatch file? The most recent file to my knowledge its 3.1 beta 4. The link posted by flyinfool 2 is version 3.0. Attempted with laptop and tablet, with no success. Hope someone figures this out. The latest developments can be found at:

code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Droid 51

Reaction score
Will this work on the d2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PhillJ

Reaction score
What ^^^^^^ said. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It works with D2. Y'all don't need the untether patch.

random rom'd X

flyinfool2

Reaction score
What exactly the unpatch file? The most recent file to my knowledge its 3.1 beta 4. The link posted by flyinfool 2 is version 3.0. Attempted with laptop and tablet, with no success. Hope someone figures this out. The latest developments can be found at:

code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

The patch file removes some system files that enable verizon to track tethering in the DX Gingerbread. It also flashes the TBH hack that flashes/patches the radio. It also installs wireless tether. You can install the newer version of wireless tether if you like, or just use the included verizon hotspot app that came with your phone. I use the verizon hotspot with no problems. You have to flash the linked zip file in clockwork recovery mode.

The unpatch file just removes the TBH radio hack and tracking files are restored. The only other way to unpatch the radio is to SBF, so that is why the unpatch is included. Flashing a new ROM does not usually remove the patched radio.

Here is a link to the original thread and author. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...8-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Last edited:

PhillJ

Reaction score
I got it to work. Changed my profile to dx and it worked fine. Didn't realize the tether app was in the zip file.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk