Wireless Tether and PS3

Codeballz

Reaction score
Ok I usually don't post on here but I don't know what else to do ive searched and searched and can't find the right answer. So heres my problem I am running Liberty ROM on my droidX. When I turn on my wireless tether it connects fine directly to my playstation 3 (i don't have access control or encryption) but after awhile a msg comes up saying I've been logged out of playstation network (error 800 something) but still says my wireless is running fine, I have full bars and 3G and when I log in again it logs in fine but same problem occurs after awhile. I don't know if it's something on my phone or it's something with the playstation. If someone knows a fix I would appreciate it very much. If you need more info I'll gladly share.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

Codeballz

Reaction score
Well just an update but I downloaded the experimental wireless tether v3.0 (might be called wifi tether) and everything seems to be working

gobbles23

Reaction score
I had this problem too. The answer is go to wifi settings, manage wireless networks, hit the menu button and advanced wireless settings, turn wifi sleep To never.
My wireless tether showed It was connected but didn't transmit any data after 20 minutes or so. This fixed it. I streamed a netflix movie while tethered on the ps3

Otechmobile

Reaction score
Try Barnacle wifi and under setting use Auto refresh every 5 secs. Make sure to check skip wpa. This is also found under setting menu. This works for ps3 and new xbox 360s.

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
Does wifi tether for ps3 not work for D1

I keep tryinng to tether from my d1, and when i scan nothings coming up! Just wondering if it is possible and if so what am i doing wrong??