Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I gotta say, now that I have everything set up again, this phone absolutely freaking flies on .247. Of course, some of that may be due to my "unplanned" factory reset, but in any event I've never seen my Bionic perform like this. It's definitely another step up from the earlier ICS builds IMO. Even my Quadrant scores are higher than before (I'm not overclocked, although I did get the 1.2GHz bump). No lag whatsoever on Nova Launcher and zero redraw. If it stays this way I could easily see myself using this phone for another year or more. And with JB possibly around the corner, things are really looking up for the long-suffering Bionic community. Now if Moto can just get this release out the door....

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Deepest thanks to samurihl. I'm the dumbass than FXZ'd to 905 from 246 in error. The choice wasn't intentional, more obliviously stupid. But Sam stuck with me, pulled my ass out of the fire, and got me to 247. Anybody that's borked something, got that sick, panic trying to figure out what to do to fix it, when you should be doing something else, knows how greatfull I am for Sam's help. Whoever writes Sam's paycheck for his day job, better appreciate who they've got on their team.
I feel ya. believe me. Back in the Gingerbread days, I remember messing with a leak and trying to revert from it, and ending up with a CDT error that threw me into AP fastboot with an error about cdt.bin - This was back in the days before I knew Sam. In that case, after panic set in, I finally found a patch that fixed it. That was the first (and last) time I unintentionally bricked my phone. Subsequent brickings have been done on purpose *LOL* I am curious, though. How do you non-intentionally install .905? *LMAO*

zirkdog

Reaction score
No one wants to test my cheeseburger with fries bug for me?

Stock ICS browser
"Cheeseburger"--> Go
added "Fries"--> Go
Clicked on link to some CNN Money article.
waited for article to load
tapped back arrow key
went back to "Cheeseburger fries" search results.

Can't reproduce your error.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Ok, finally caught up on this darn thread, and now it's later than I'd prefer to start the upgrade from .232 to .247.... Would you all mind not filling another 20 pages for me to read tomorrow so I can get on with this?

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Phasedroid said:
OK. I think I found an issue on247 but I need someone else to verify.

When in browser and doing Google.com search for say "cheeseburger", tell it go.
Now add "fries" to your original search and hit go. Now when your search results come up, click on one of them.
Once the webpage loads, use the back arrow to go back to your google search.
On my phone instead of going back to the "cheeseburger fries" search, it will go back to the "cheeseburger" search.
This is really annoying. Let me know if you have this problem. Also I've rebooted and wiped cache a couple times to see if it cleared it up, but no success. :-(

Stock browser? Or is this Dolphin?
Dolphin Browser is rather stupid when it comes to Google results. You'll search something, click a link, try to go back to the search results by tapping the back button, instead it'll delete your tab entirely. As far as I know for Dolphin, there is no fix.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I want to see how good battery life is on 247 for the standard battery. Ploped it in and DAMN I forgot how light/slim the Bionic was!

edit:

NO! There's still a bug in ICS. Might not be critical for some folks but it is for me. Hopefully I'll get accepted into the soak test (got in before with 902/905) so I can tell moto about it.

The bug is while streaming audio over Bluetooth the phone randomly reboot. It's done it twice to me within 30 mins. Which is worse then it was on 232 or I guess 246 (was only on it a day)

Last edited:

tlarseth

Reaction score
I want to see how good battery life is on 247 for the standard battery. Ploped it in and DAMN I forgot how light/slim the Bionic was!

edit:

NO! There's still a bug in ICS. Might not be critical for some folks but it is for me. Hopefully I'll get accepted into the soak test (got in before with 902/905) so I can tell moto about it.

The bug is while streaming audio over Bluetooth the phone randomly reboot. It's done it twice to me within 30 mins. Which is worse then it was on 232 or I guess 246 (was only on it a day)

I am pretty sure Motorola knows about this one, I have read about it on their threads. I have not gone to 247 yet, but I know on 246 there is an audio issue as well that will mute your audio even though volume is up, and only way to get audio back is to either place a call and hang up, I use my voicemail (Once prompted to enter my password I hang up), or reboot phone.

I do not have a bluetooth that is capable of streaming audio other than calls, so I have yet to have the same issue as you, have you tried reinstalling the update you are on? I have read on the Moto forums that an FDR has a 98% chance of fixing your problem, just remember to backup your data and such first, unless you are like me and don't mind resetting up your phone, and since I don't play that many games on my phone having to restart them doesn't bother me as well.

Also, can anyone verify if they have unlocked the ability to turn off the LTE signal on the phone like we could in GB, and on a side note been playing around in the Dev Options on the phone, I love them.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
have you tried reinstalling the update you are on? I have read on the Moto forums that an FDR has a 98% chance of fixing your problem

I had the problem on 232. When I went to 246 I did a FXZ to 905. The one that wipes data and all that stuff. I did not do an FDR when I went from 246 to 247 since I was only on 246 for like 24ish hours.

I may try it, but since it's still present and I FXZ'd at one point I don't think it'll solve much. Unless I happened to be one of those 2%.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

I stream audio over bluetooth all the time and have not encountered that issue, not even once. I've been on ICS for months, primarily on .232 (now on .247 -- I'll test it on this build later today). I stream using Google Music, Pandora, and Stitcher (also used Sirius for awhile). What app(s) are you streaming with when the reboots occur?

tlarseth

Reaction score
Could someone please help me out.

I will admit it I am lazy and don't feel like going through the 400+ pages here to find this, but has anyone jumped from 246 to 247, and could share any changes they noticed between the two?

Maddog241

Reaction score
Could someone please help me out.

I will admit it I am lazy and don't feel like going through the 400+ pages here to find this, but has anyone jumped from 246 to 247, and could share any changes they noticed between the two?

From what I have read here, the difference with .247 is all under the hood. .247 is basically .246 with an incorporated patch that readies it for transition to JB. Kind of like .905 was to GB.

tlarseth

Reaction score
From what I have read here, the difference with .247 is all under the hood. .247 is basically .246 with an incorporated patch that readies it for transition to JB. Kind of like .905 was to GB.

So, is it safe for us to keep hoping for JB within the next year? I would like to see JB, but Since this phone is now officially end of life...Verizon usually end of lifes a phone once it is a year old, I am just happy we are finally going to see ICS maybe this year, would be a great Christmas present from Google/Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.