Wirefly Pre-Order for HTC Thunderbolt Live and Cheaper

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wirefly_tbolt_contract_deal.png

For those that want to get their hands on the HTC Thunderbolt at a fantastic deal, WireFly goes live with pre-orders that will give them exactly that. As you can see above, you can get the TBolt for only $199.99 on-contract. Below is the off-contract price, and it is juicy too, as you can see. To make this deal even more compelling, in most states WirFly doesn't charge taxes, and is offering free shipping! That saves about another $25 bucks or so off what you would pay buying in a Verizon or Best Buy. Try not to stampede over your family trying to get to the computer to order this one! ;)

wirefly_tbolt_nocontract_deal.png

Let us know if you see any better deals than this, so we can pass them on to everyone else. dancedroid

Thanks for the tip ScienceSoma!
Source: WireFly Offering TBolt for $200

Last edited:

Rotas

Reaction score
Is anybody here ordering from wirefly?
Does it mention how long it will take to ship the phone?
And, do they have a good rep about them?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So annoyed with Verizon for getting rid fo the early upgrade option because I'd be getting one right now. My acct says I can't get it early, but I may call and double check anyways. I love my DX, but that phone looks amazing. I'll wait til I hear of a root before I try.

funkyb

Reaction score

I'm on the fence with ordering from them, can't decide. I did call them and learned the free shipping you receive is FedEx Ground 2-3 business days, and it will ship by 3pm on Thurs, so you can expect it Monday or Tuesday. For $19.99 they offer next day air, which would get you the phone on Friday.

I know it's stupid, but I'm leaning on chancing a retail purchase at $250 just so I can go get it on Thurs.

Jokerz

Reaction score

I'm on the fence with ordering from them, can't decide. I did call them and learned the free shipping you receive is FedEx Ground 2-3 business days, and it will ship by 3pm on Thurs, so you can expect it Monday or Tuesday. For $19.99 they offer next day air, which would get you the phone on Friday.

I know it's stupid, but I'm leaning on chancing a retail purchase at $250 just so I can go get it on Thurs.

I think you should just order it from wirefly at the cheaper price. Just pretend that the release date got pushed back until Monday. Its not like it hasnt been pushed back before. I want to know if I can return my 50 gift card/deposit that I purchased from best buy before I order it from wirefly.

Wantec

Reaction score
Just heads up, Wirefly is forcing you to get the unlimited texting package, which is an extra $20 on top of the $39.99 a month for the 450 min. That's how they get to the $59.99 a month price. Also, there's no option for a 1-year contract through Wirefly, it's only no contract or a 2-year one.

Rotas

Reaction score

I think I am going to do the same thing.
But only IF something does go wrong with the phone, its right down the street.

funkyb

Reaction score

I think I am going to do the same thing.
But only IF something does go wrong with the phone, its right down the street.

Yea, it is hard not to pull the trigger now on wirefly, but the fact that it will take longer to get here, plus a double ETF, plus if there are issues with the phone I have to go through wirefly... I just don't know. I guess I'm less worried about the extra few bucks to go retail than I am over retail running out of phones.

WishRyder

Reaction score
I pay for a family plan so that my Mom, Dad, and Grandma can have cheap phones in case of emergency. Verizon lets me do an upgrade exchange to upgrade my phone more often. Problem is, there's no option to do this through Wirefly.

I was going to roll the dice, order it for their line, then swap the phone over to the correct line. However, the "Upgrade FAQs" spell it out that it might be considered a "deactivation" (which would result in them charging me the full price for the phone).

Some carriers will allow you to upgrade one phone on a family plan, then later swap phones on the account, activating the new phone on a line that is not upgrade-eligible. However, doing this within the first 181 days after purchase may be considered a deactivation by the carrier, and is a violation of the terms of purchase. To avoid additional charges, you should only order a cell phone upgrade for the specific line that will be using that phone.

I think I'll play it safe and wait for Verizon to start selling it. It's only a day away (and unfortunately, $50 more).

Rotas

Reaction score
Just heads up, Wirefly is forcing you to get the unlimited texting package, which is an extra $20 on top of the $39.99 a month for the 450 min. That's how they get to the $59.99 a month price. Also, there's no option for a 1-year contract through Wirefly, it's only no contract or a 2-year one.

2 year thing you might be right about, but they arent forcing you to get that plan.

You have to option to choose which ever one you like.

AndQuocDrew

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a newbie boobie :D So, my parents have a contract with verizon but the two years ended and we wanna get the thunderbolt, and we are "Other Lines" we currently have unlimited texting and fourteen-hundred minutes, when we get the phone through wirefly, do we still have those? or is it a new plan, because I see that they have texting prices on the wirefly thing after we select the phone, so do I none on them? or do i have to select one and not have unlimited texting anymore

WishRyder

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a newbie boobie :D So, my parents have a contract with verizon but the two years ended and we wanna get the thunderbolt, and we are "Other Lines" we currently have unlimited texting and fourteen-hundred minutes, when we get the phone through wirefly, do we still have those? or is it a new plan, because I see that they have texting prices on the wirefly thing after we select the phone, so do I none on them? or do i have to select one and not have unlimited texting anymore

When you go to order the phone from Wirefly, there are options to renew existing accounts/family plans.

Just be sure to double check the text/data packages before you submit the order, because Wirefly will try to upsell those by selecting the more expensive options automatically.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It might be better to get the two year contract anyways, that way you know you are guaranteed to get unlimited 4G for 2 years

AndQuocDrew

Reaction score
I must be retarded or something... I still dont understand lol
Do I still keep my 1400 minutes and unlimited texting if I order from wirefly? because for texting I only see 5000 minutes and stuff, do i select none on that and the verizon unlimited text plan will still be there? or is there no unlimited texting I can get, Im so confused :p

s54

Reaction score
So annoyed with Verizon for getting rid fo the early upgrade option because I'd be getting one right now. My acct says I can't get it early, but I may call and double check anyways. I love my DX, but that phone looks amazing. I'll wait til I hear of a root before I try.

I'm in the same boat. How many months left on your contract?

Were any of you able to call them, show interest, and perhaps allowed to purchase the phone early regardless of their "new policy"?