Wired headset to make phone calls

Reaction score
I recently purchased a verizon droid razr maxx HD. I have tried several different wired headsets to make calls and have been consistently told that the headsets make my voice sound muffled and robotic. I have tried the following wired headsets (with a microphone boom):

1) Plantronics
2) Panasonic
3) Jabra Mono wave

I can hear everyone clearly on the headset and the people on the other end can hear me without static but complain that the words are slightly unclear. I used these headsets without any issue on a Droid and blackberry phone from a few years ago.

I would appreciate it if you had any suggestions to resolve this or experience with any particular wired headsets which work better with this phone.

Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK folks, I know we're better than this. Let's try to round the stagecoaches and get down to helping a fellow Droid'er. Someone else out there must have an opinion or two. For me, I have the Droid RAZR MAXX and use the Jawbone Icon Rogue, mainly for the noise-cancelling feature. I have created my own comfortable all-day wear eargel (https://sugru.com/us/gallery/make-custom-in-ear-buds), and it sounds great on my end, and the people on the other end say I sound great as well.

So let's see who else has a suggestion for suitable headsets for the Droid RAZR MAXX HD.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Have you tried to pair your headsets with a friends phone to verify it's not the phone? I've spent more money on BT than I care to think about. I was given a Plantronics Legend for my Birthday. I think it was last years model at the time? It works awesome on my personal S3 and my dumbphone from work. No one has ever complained about my call quality. Most people have no clue I'm on a bluetooth headset. It pairs to two phones at the same time. Convenient for watching Youtube discreetly.

Verify your phone is not the problem.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I would try a wireless blue tooth just winding up the wire after use causes breaks within the wire which causes interference with anything. I tried using apples newest headset I killed it in a month, still good for music but terrible for making calls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I use the Bose BT2 01.05.00. It works very well for me. Pretty decent sound when streaming music as well.