Windows driver wants to install every time

Charger77449

Reaction score
Whenever I put my D2G into the MultiMedia Station via the USB port on my PC the Windows driver version 4.6.0 starts its installation procedure. If I tell it to cancel it informs me that I'll have to install it later, if I tell it to go ahead I get a message saying a newer version is installed (I have 4.8.0 loaded). How do I tell it to stop trying to re-install the driver?

Thanks.

K20turbo

Reaction score
I have that same problem as well. The computer keeps re-installing drivers when previously installed. Other than that... everything works fine

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Charger77449

Charger77449

Reaction score
Well, I THINK I see part of the problem; when I open My Computer on my PC the phone is shown as a CD drive and the Autorun file starts setup.exe. Of course, it's read-only so you can't change anything but I disabled the drive (the SD card is still enabled as its own drive letter) which is quite scary as I don't know what adverse effects that will have. Now when I dock the phone the PC asks me what action I want to take and hopefully, after a few attempts of saying "No Action", it'll stick. Hope this helps you.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Whenever I put my D2G into the MultiMedia Station via the USB port on my PC the Windows driver version 4.6.0 starts its installation procedure. If I tell it to cancel it informs me that I'll have to install it later, if I tell it to go ahead I get a message saying a newer version is installed (I have 4.8.0 loaded). How do I tell it to stop trying to re-install the driver?

Thanks.

I had the same problem. I registered at DroidForum.net so I could give an answer.

I contacted Motorola about this. Tap Settings, Tap Applications, Tap Development, Tap USB Debugging. Check mark USB Debugging.

Problem solved.