Windows 10 Pro vs Windows 10 Home

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Is there anyone on the forum that's upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and was it worth it. Until the 25th of this month I can get the Windows 10 pro upgrade from PC Word for just $39.00. Not sure if it's even worth $39.00 for what you get.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have 2 Win 10 laptops in the house (well...3 if you count my company issued work laptop) and the one running Win 10 Pro is very slow compared to Win 10 Home. It's very noticeably slow. Both laptops are several years old and were Win 8 laptops when new. My government issued work laptop is fairly new and Win 10 Pro runs great on it. I think Pro needs to be on a newer chip / motherboard to really get the benefits. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
if you're running a small business or perhaps plan to develop software, then Windows 10 Pro would be a wise investment.

galaxypotato

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone8
Windows 10 Home is the basic variant of Windows 10. It comes with a number of new features including the revamped Start Menu. You also get a full-fledged version of Cortana, the digital voice assistant formerly exclusively available on Windows Phone. The Home edition also gets you features like Battery Saver, TPM support, and the company's new biometrics security feature called Windows Hello.

The Pro edition of Windows 10, in addition to all of Home edition's features, offers sophisticated connectivity and privacy tools such as Domain Join, Group Policy Management, Bitlocker, Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE), Assigned Access 8.1, Remote Desktop, Client Hyper-V, and Direct Access.