Will this Chinese MicroSD work?

droidenator

Reaction score
yea it should work its prolly a class 1 or 2 sd card which are supposed to be the crappy one but ive had few problems with them and since the sd card is only 30 bucks deff give it a try and personal message me if it is good bc i want one lol

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it says SanDisk on it and looks legit...5 days left, price could jump much higher than listed...Android 2.1 also has a problem with formatting 32 gb sd cards, so I wouldn't buy it. Also, if it is from China and it is a fake reproduction, it could royally mess up your phone.

OP
M

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
hmmm ya I'm still undecided I mean the seller does have 100% with 60 transactions. But I' am just worried about it not working in my phone.

pyro6128

Reaction score
hmmm ya I'm still undecided I mean the seller does have 100% with 60 transactions. But I' am just worried about it not working in my phone.

I think someone around here said that you can format the sd card on your comp and then use it on the droid to avoid the issue of it possibly not working. I don't remember where I saw it nor do I know how true it is. If you do end up getting it though and it works, be sure to let us know. I would jump all over one.

OP
M

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Well there are many 32gb microsd on ebay for buy it now @30 with free shipping. But I probably wont buy it without knowing if it will work, if someone else wants to give it a try that would b nice :).

pyro6128

Reaction score
I too am too chicken to be the guinea pig for everyone haha

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
"sandisk" label means nothing, lol... it'll be a risk whether or not it will work, and if it does work probably class1 or 2, as mentioned before. but it's worth a shot for $30... let us know how it works :)

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ordered one. the way i figure our phones are made in china so it's possible that the card is good. back in the day a boss of mine went to taiwan on business and brought me back a ps1 3 months before it came out here. he also said they had smaller phones over there at the time. it seems like they have a lot of electronic gadgets before we do. if it's good than i got a great deal, if not i can try and get my money back through paypal. i have no problem with giving him crummy feedback.

well...i received the card last week and my computer is reading it as 32 gigs. i copied the files from my 16g to the 32g and the droid would not read it, so i formatted it while it was in the droid and now it "see's" it fine. my problem is i can't copy over files like the nandroid folder onto the 32g card, it says it is not able to copy the folder. has anyone had any experience using a new sd card while rooted?

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
i ordered one. the way i figure our phones are made in china so it's possible that the card is good. back in the day a boss of mine went to taiwan on business and brought me back a ps1 3 months before it came out here. he also said they had smaller phones over there at the time. it seems like they have a lot of electronic gadgets before we do. if it's good than i got a great deal, if not i can try and get my money back through paypal. i have no problem with giving him crummy feedback.

Fantastic! Someone far braver than I. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i ordered one. the way i figure our phones are made in china so it's possible that the card is good. back in the day a boss of mine went to taiwan on business and brought me back a ps1 3 months before it came out here.
Just be aware that the PRC (China) and the ROC (Taiwan) aren't the same thing. A lot of computer hardware is manufactured in the ROC. HTC is in the ROC, for example.

So I found this cheap 32gb Micro Sd on ebay, its from China so I'm not sure if its compatible would anybody know.
MicroSD is microSD. I'd mainly be worried about the reliability of a knock-off brand but being from China doesn't mean anything in itself.

"sandisk" label means nothing, lol...
Not in my experience. Assuming the branding is legit and not counterfeit, that is.

I've had nothing but trouble with the no-name and other brands. Never had problems with Sandisk, Lexar and other reputable brands.

Last edited:

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I'd be willing to give the 32gb microsd card a shot. Knock off or not. Like another member said most of our electronics come from these other countries. For the price it is worth a try. It will either work or not. I'm going to order a 32gb card for $30 and i will report back after I recieve it. Probably will not be for a few weeks.

Guchi

Reaction score
the issue is that most memory sold on ebay out of china for WAY to cheap is fake, it looks good you plug it in and it will say the memory is there but its not, its usually 1-2gb and its hacked to show 32gb. on that note let us know if you got lucky because that is an awesome price.
check out the msrp

Chang

Reaction score
Hey guys, just found this thread through a google search:

I bought a 32GB micro SD from ebay for $20 AUD. I thought "what the hell, it either works or it doesnt, for $20, im willing to take the risk"

Ill let you know how it works out, but I seriously doubt its the real-deal.

For starters, I only just noticed, but there is a '32GB' stick placed over some lettering that almost looks like the edge of a 1 and a 6. Or it could be a 2.

Either way, when the card comes, should it have some of this 'firmware' stuff changed with it, so that it will read 32 gig, but will actually only work with like 2 gig, is there a way I can re-set the firmware, so at least i have a normal functioning 2GB card?