Will the docking cradle for Razr work with Razr Maxx?

MaXGTS

Reaction score
I believe the dock is compatible. The only complaint I've read is the dock connectors won't plug in all the way if the Razr or Razr Maxx is in a case, such as the Otterbox.

R

RETG

I believe the dock is compatible. The only complaint I've read is the dock connectors won't plug in all the way if the Razr or Razr Maxx is in a case, such as the Otterbox.

I read there were some spacers on the connector prongs on the dock that could be removed for Razrs with cases? This allowed for extra length of the prongs. (At least I read this for the less expensive of the docks.)

MaXGTS

Reaction score
From the complaints I've read, even with the spacer removed the connector doesn't reach.

fucco

Reaction score
I have the maxx with the shell holster case they sell at verizon. The ohone with case fits on dock perfect. There are peices of plastic the dock comes with to adjust based on if u are using a case or not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

H3Dude

Reaction score
I have the maxx with the shell holster case they sell at verizon. The ohone with case fits on dock perfect. There are peices of plastic the dock comes with to adjust based on if u are using a case or not

This is true, but with the silicone case, it would not charge my RAZR. the temubala were too short.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Yes it fits very well but that plastic spacer only comes off with a great deal force I thought it was going to snap.
Love the Razr in the dock it has time, weather, calendar, and music all on the screen. It's a little bright so you touch it once
and it goes dim with only the time showning. Touch it again the brighter screen comes back with all the choices.

The car dock only works with the case off with the spacer left in place. If you remove the spacer it still won't connect to the charger port
and the phone isn't secure, it falls out. If you don't mind removing the case everyday, I guess it's OK then.
I use an old Walmart universal not brilliant but it works. Some one here posted an real neat universal mount the works great in a car. I'll try to find that one.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Am I correct that all functions of the Maxx (e.g. internet, etc) can be accessed when it's in the cradle?

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, Johnny! :hail:
Going to the Verizon store in about two hours. Assuming that the Maxx passes my outdoor readability 'test', I'll be picking one of those babies up!! dancedroid Will then order the cradle from Amazon.