Will the DINC stock issues delay newer phones?

rsarno

Reaction score
Im assuming there will be a certain percentage of people that will shy away from pre-ordering (as i have), and then since the ship date is now deep into July, just decide to wait it out and see when the next devices drop.

There are also a number of people who are extremely impatient (me being one of them usually) and once the new iPhone hits the stores, say screw the DINC because they can have the new iPhone right now in their hand.

So there is obviously a certain percentage of business that is lost due to the delay of shipment.

But my main question is, i was wondering if the carrier would delay releasing new devices, based on the fact that they don't believe they reached the full sales potential of the DINC just yet, since it really hasn't sat on the shelves at all. Or any similar logic?

Thoughts?

Mule65

Reaction score
The continued delay has deterred me from ordering one.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im assuming there will be a certain percentage of people that will shy away from pre-ordering (as i have), and then since the ship date is now deep into July, just decide to wait it out and see when the next devices drop.

There are also a number of people who are extremely impatient (me being one of them usually) and once the new iPhone hits the stores, say screw the DINC because they can have the new iPhone right now in their hand.

So there is obviously a certain percentage of business that is lost due to the delay of shipment.

But my main question is, i was wondering if the carrier would delay releasing new devices, based on the fact that they don't believe they reached the full sales potential of the DINC just yet, since it really hasn't sat on the shelves at all. Or any similar logic?

Thoughts?

You may well be correct, but the scenario assumes that there will be a sufficient supply of iPhones available to meet demand. I suspect that may not be true for a couple of reasons. First, Apple is having a very difficult time meeting the demand for iPads, in part because of labor unrest in China. Second, the effects of the continuing worldwide recession is that firms hesitate to make capital investments without a clearer notion of what demand will be. And that applies both to component makers and the manufacturers who assemble those components into finished products.