Will the Bionic be pretty much the same as the Atrix?

endobrian

Reaction score
I'm half sure Moto isn't going to release any more phones with fingerprint scanners in them. Expensive and no one uses them. When was the last time you heard someone say "oh I love my fingerprint scanner!"

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Atrix only has a 4 inch screen and camera is 5 megapixels vs 8 for bionic, no HDMI out on Atrix either. Plus tegra 2 is supposedly a bigger battery hog than the OMAP processor. Also, Atrix isn't on verizon which is where I want to be. Have to wait for final specs on Bionic to tell for sure but it's definitely a superior phone.

I prefer the 4 inch screen. Mega pixels don't matter that much. The atrix pictures suck and I bet the bionics will also. U can play anything through mini hdmi to your tv.

If it's not a superior phone after taking this long...I don't think anyone should buy it.

Don't knock the att network so much it's not THAT bad. At least those guys have had their phone for months now

Good point and funny.lol!!!

Covington

Reaction score
Atrix only has a 4 inch screen and camera is 5 megapixels vs 8 for bionic, no HDMI out on Atrix either. Plus tegra 2 is supposedly a bigger battery hog than the OMAP processor. Also, Atrix isn't on verizon which is where I want to be. Have to wait for final specs on Bionic to tell for sure but it's definitely a superior phone.

The Atrix does have an HDMI port.

View from 2:30
[video=youtube;tX9KG369evA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9KG369evA]‪Motorola ATRIX 4G Review‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Put it this way. The bionic is a beefed up D3 with more ram larger screen and LTE. those are really the only differences in the D3 and Bionic.

end of line...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Put it this way. The bionic is a beefed up D3 with more ram larger screen and LTE. those are really the only differences in the D3 and Bionic.

end of line...

Have we been able to determine whether out not the whole 1gb of ram in the bionic can be used with our without the laptop dock? Or will it be like the atrix that really only has 512mb ram away from the laptop dock?

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rumors are it will be capable of using the full gig. Nothing official yet obviously, but the rumors from I believe Preach's source is that it will be capable of using the full gig.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The rumors are it will be capable of using the full gig. Nothing official yet obviously, but the rumors from I believe Preach's source is that it will be capable of using the full gig.

If true, I'm sold on the bionic now. Twice the ram is much more important to me than a hardware keyboard, even though I do love my hardware keyboards.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
if the phone could only access 512mb of ram why don't they just say that and a note that webtop also has 512mb ram.... if u never use webtop ur phone runs 512mb ram.... if its a solid 1gb then that's awesome

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

end of line...

Have we been able to determine whether out not the whole 1gb of ram in the bionic can be used with our without the laptop dock? Or will it be like the atrix that really only has 512mb ram away from the laptop dock?

That's been debunked for the Atrix for a while. They get the whole 1gb when not using the dock.

end of line...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That atrix review was pretty interesting. While the laptop docking seems ridiculous, the HDMI to the flat screen was awesome. I could definitely see myself checking out pictures/video or even watching some Hulu from my phone to my Samsung 50''.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I don't know what's all the fuss about the Bionic when it sounds to me that it will practically be a new 6 month old Atrix for Verizon. It will pretty much have the same crap...

From my TBolt

You should really put the specs of the two phones next to each other and realize that they are nothing alike, other than the fact that they are phones made by moto.

Fingerprint scanner> LTE

That's all that's needed to be said.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Uhhhhh, what? Someone is taking crazy pills. dancedroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

end of line...

I asked this on another forum and they showed me a link from a xda post. When all is said and done atrix users go 800 some MB of free RAM. I believe on other phones with 1GB of ram (GS2) you also got 800 some MB free.

Don't remember exact numbers but you got more RAM on the GS2. But not a lot more.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

I prefer the 4 inch screen. Mega pixels don't matter that much. The atrix pictures suck and I bet the bionics will also. U can play anything through mini hdmi to your tv.

If it's not a superior phone after taking this long...I don't think anyone should buy it.

Don't knock the att network so much it's not THAT bad. At least those guys have had their phone for months now

Uh AT&T is that bad! I work in down town Sacramento in view of the capital building and would loose signal all the time. Every day I had dropped calls. With Verizon and my Droid I get full bars and even got a software update the other day under ground in a utility room.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

If true, I'm sold on the bionic now. Twice the ram is much more important to me than a hardware keyboard, even though I do love my hardware keyboards.

I do to, but I find they are becoming outdated, or to small or somethings wrong. Best non-slider keyboard I had was on the LG Voyager, like I said in another post, they are old school in my opinion now. But like yourself, I like them... maybe next next upgrade, after bionic, will see whats available.

On another note, which where we get into that fuzzy area of a vzw reps info, he told me 1st he had no specs on the bionic. I said I want the duel core, he proceeds to tell me that the charge has more ram then the bionic so the charge would be faster. I didnt feel like getting into it with him about how he just said he had no specs..

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

I do to, but I find they are becoming outdated, or to small or somethings wrong. Best non-slider keyboard I had was on the LG Voyager, like I said in another post, they are old school in oamy opinion now. But like yourself, I like them... maybe next next upgrade, after bionic, will see whats available.

On another note, which where we get into that fuzzy area of a vzw reps info, he told me 1st he had no specs on the bionic. I said I want the duel core, he proceeds to tell me that the charge has more ram then the bionic. I didnt feel like getting into it with him about how he just said he had no specs..

agree the voyager keyboard was awesome... anyone try a snap on bluetooth keyboard? on a 4.3 or bigger screen it might be silly but who knows

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk