Will LTE network do voice and data at same time????

insanexsi

Reaction score
Many peeps have probably asked this ? But it really bugged me when i bought my wife her Droid and it couldn't surf internet while on a call.You cant receive emails or check weather or stocks while on a call.The biggest disapointment was that 3 verizon reps told me i could do it and when they showed me, it didnt work. Well i hope the new LTE network can do it.Also a verizon phone tech support couldnt explain why either.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thats just a known limitation of CDMA from what i have read LTE works comepletely different but should be able to run simultaneous connections.

dont hold me to it these are just rumors that i have seen on the tech forums.... to be quite honest we most likely wont know till its rolled out to the public sometime next year.

techguru

Reaction score
LTE does voice and data simultaneously. Unfortunatly, not likely the Droid has an LTE radio, so we'll all have to upgrade to new devices when it is rolled out to take advantage of it.

Alan

Droider

Reaction score
LTE will be based on radio instead of microwave frequencies and will require entirely different radios from what is in the Droid.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I can surf and talk at the same time. I just tested it!:icon_ banana:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can surf and talk at the same time. I just tested it!:icon_ banana:

On wifi or cellular?

WIFI most likely. You can sign in on WIFI then thake a call. Then surf or IM througt the WIFI. Oh and by the time LTE gets released to the public. The Droid 2 will be coming or something else that looks hot. Then most will switch anyways :icon_ banana: