Will I lose my unlimited 4G?

lupacexi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
I currently have a Thunderbolt with unlimited 4G. My wife would like to eventually upgrade her 'dumb' phone to a 4G smartphone. Since we are on the same phone plan (shared minutes and texts only), will I be forced into a shared data plan with my wife or will she be on the shared data plan by herself?

Thanks in advance.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm assuming you have Verizon. You will at least have to pick a data plan for her new smart phone and chances are they will want to put you on a shared data plan. They do have an unlimited shared data plan. I think for two phones it would be $80 for unlimited everything. One caveat with the plan is that if you go over 22gb and are in a congested area, you may only get 3g data but so far, no one has reported on DF that they had their 4g throttled to slower after going over the 22gb.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have Verizon old shared plan with 3 unlimited data plans on it. I added another smart phone and everything is shared except the data. Verizon just added a tired data plan for the new phone. Nothing else changed with my plan.
Do not let them talk you into changing anything on your existing plan just add another line and data package for new phone on to your existing plan.
If you change anything on your existing plans lines they will take the unlimited data plan away.