Upgrading before tomorrow!

Phoenix111

Reaction score
Quick question here. My wife and I have both of our lines on one account. My line is up for a subsidized upgrade and my wife really wants an iphone 4s (I know it's terrible.) We both have unlimited, her phone is 3g only, and mine is 4g (Thunderbolt) with the $30.00 unlimited tethering plan. My question is if I allow her to use my upgrade for an iphone will it affect my unlimited data or hotspot plan? My concern is that temporarily they will have to place the new iphone on my account and that brief change will void my 4g only hotspot plan. I appreciate the help if anyone has answers. I am going to try and call a CSR as well, but I just don't trust what they say.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dunno best bet is to call them and ask them.. or go in the store and do it today .

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If I'm understanding you correctly... you should be fine IF you do it today.. as justin said... best call cs :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bfederspill

Reaction score
I called them the other day and told them I wanted to upgrade to a 4g phone but my contract wasn't up until Dec. She talked to her boss and came back a little later and told me that I could get a Razr Maxx and still keep my unlimited data. I thanked her and got my phone 3 days later. They did me right so give them a call, you never know.
Love the Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2