Will I loose my abillity to root if I take the ota update

Reaction score
I got the bionic about a week after it came out,,,before that I had an x Wichita I loved flashing roms on every other week I got the bionic now and can't wait to flash my first rom on this bionic,,,now my question is I know I will loose root if I flash the rom and then take the update actually I believe it will cause all kinds of problems,,,like sbf problems, ,so anyways I'm waiting for the update just to make my bionic as up to date and fixed as possible,,,,the thing in not sure about is, ,will I still be able to root after the update. If I remember rite there should be no problems,,should be good take the update when it comes out then wait for cynogen to cone out with a bionic rom and flash away,,,correct I should be able to root after the ota update,,,please help
sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Yes you will lose root if you install the update, nothing major will happen. And yes you will still be able to root after the update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NewtG.

Reaction score
Updated to 893 and lost root, is there hope of root for 893

I got my Bionic about a month ago, rooted it, put in T3or3y rom 1.8 and all was good, followed instructions for forever root, or so I thought, and followed instructions to flash 893 radio and kernel I lost root, I am not going to try to mess with it anymore until I hear about root for stock update, my only question is, and it may sound like a noob question but I gotta ask because im sittin on 20 bucks worth of root software I can not use, will there be a root for people who update to 893 OTA in anyones honest opinion? Or are updates somewhat of a root deal breaker? Phone works good, but it is bloated and i also lost wireless tether that was working fine.:mad::mad:

Reaction score
I got my Bionic about a month ago, rooted it, put in T3or3y rom 1.8 and all was good, followed instructions for forever root, or so I thought, and followed instructions to flash 893 radio and kernel I lost root, I am not going to try to mess with it anymore until I hear about root for stock update, my only question is, and it may sound like a noob question but I gotta ask because im sittin on 20 bucks worth of root software I can not use, will there be a root for people who update to 893 OTA in anyones honest opinion? Or are updates somewhat of a root deal breaker? Phone works good, but it is bloated and i also lost wireless tether that was working fine.:mad::mad:

Do a search for r3l3as3d with 43v3r root it will take you back to stock 886 system, then root it for you and apply forever root auto magically. It brought my bricked phone back to life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums