will i be charged data if hotspot is off???

chesters

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hi, my internet was down so I created a hotspot on my phone. I don't want it there anymore how do I delete it? I'm on a galaxy s4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you create it using the "Hotspot" app that came preinstalled on the phone, or using a third party app?

Do you have a notification in the bar at the top of the screen that it's still running?

You'll only be charged for data if you use data, so if it's still on, but your computer/other devices are connected to your home network instead of the hotspot that you created, you should only be charged for the data that you use on the phone itself (unless you've got the phone hooked up to your home network via wifi as well).

OP
C

chesters

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Did you create it using the "Hotspot" app that came preinstalled on the phone, or using a third party app?

Do you have a notification in the bar at the top of the screen that it's still running?

You'll only be charged for data if you use data, so if it's still on, but your computer/other devices are connected to your home network instead of the hotspot that you created, you should only be charged for the data that you use on the phone itself (unless you've got the phone hooked up to your home network via wifi as well).

There is no notification and I'm using the app that came preinstalled.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe there's always a notification when it's actually running. As long as that's not showing, it shouldn't be running and you should be good to go.

OP
C

chesters

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I believe there's always a notification when it's actually running. As long as that's not showing, it shouldn't be running and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the help!