Will DROID 3 ever get ice sandwich?????

josh80

Reaction score
I just spoke with a Motorola representative today and asked if they was going to have a ice cream sandwich build for the DROID 3 and after waiting almost a half hour the lady come back and said she didn't know at this point if there will be a android 4.0 (ice) build for DROID 3. Now how is that fair to pay the money we pay for these devices and we got to be stuck with a out dated operating system when DROID 3 is not that old it was before the bionic who agree's?????

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
There is no reason why the D3 wouldn't get ICS, and it most likely will.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Droid 3 is one of the top 5 phone that are getting ICS mid 2012

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Near as I can tell there must be some differences at at the MB level between the D3 and Bionic.... My guess is that there won't be any issues but I'm guessing they'll not say until they know for sure. Nobody at the storefront level is going to know until the testing is done.

spunker88

Reaction score
Hopefully we see a Motorola version but it will probably be mid 2012 by the time we start getting it. Hashcode is working on bringing a CM9 based version of ICS to the Droid 3 and progress has been pretty good. Motorola's ICS will probably have Motoblur and a bunch of bloatware.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I think a lot of reps only know what they have to know to perform their job at a satisfactory level (like most people). You might luck out and get to talk to a knowledgeable rep, but I think you're more likely to get a super-friendly people-person who doesn't have to know, isn't really interested in that and can't help you there.

Dri94

Reaction score
i guess yall arent aware but hashcode already has ICS booted on the droid3. Everythignw orks except audio and camera. hes getting those fixed soon

Shimmy549

Reaction score
i guess yall arent aware but hashcode already has ICS booted on the droid3. Everythignw orks except audio and camera. hes getting those fixed soon

I am aware of that. I'll install it when everything works.

I flashed a ROM once that worked perfectly, except for bluetooth. Everything but one thing worked. Bluetooth was broken. It drove me so crazy that I flashed back to stock. I don't even use bluetooth. I just can't stand when something doesn't work right.

Dri94

Reaction score
hashcode will more likely have ICS done before motorola and verizon decide if they want to update it.

jjhiza

Reaction score
Screenshot from Hashcode's CM9 Preview build 4. We're almost there guys!! :)

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323803098685.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1323803098685.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 510

spillner

Reaction score
I don't expect ICS for D3 for sometime. With the D4 coming MOTO will wanna show off that phone with all the bells and whistles. I expect the D3 to get ICS by summer of next year. I hope I'm wrong.

Dri94

Reaction score
I don't expect ICS for D3 for sometime. With the D4 coming MOTO will wanna show off that phone with all the bells and whistles. I expect the D3 to get ICS by summer of next year. I hope I'm wrong.
you are, hashcode saved us all. The only issues [that will actually take time to solve] are the camera, a few audio codecs, and the 'b' key. ima say it will probably be daily driver by christmas. every 2-3 days hes fixed a new major bug. hes a genius !

patfactorx

Reaction score
To be honest I like Liberty Rom better. ICS feels too beta for me. I REALLY hate the new app switching. It's a lot slower to jump in between apps.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
To be honest I like Liberty Rom better. ICS feels too beta for me. I REALLY hate the new app switching. It's a lot slower to jump in between apps.

Thats because its Alpha stage right now. He has been making great progress with it. Just a few more tweaks and it will most likely be better then what Moto/Verizon puts out.