Will Droid 2 Bootstrapper App work on R2-D2>?

gr8whyt

Reaction score
Real new to this stuff so please pardon me if this seems a stupid question...

With the impending(?) GB update heading to my r2d2 phone, I may want to create a backup of the current rom, so I could return to version 2.2 if I should want to. My question is, will the D2 Bootstrapper app work on my r2d2 phone? Not even sure I'm asking the question right. :blink:

louy99

Reaction score
It does work but you can't go back to a froyo backup if you are on GB unless you sbf back to froyo first.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
gr8whyt

gr8whyt

Reaction score
It does work but you can't go back to a froyo backup if you are on GB unless you sbf back to froyo first.

Thanks for the reply. Are there instructions on this forum somewhere to create an SBF?

OP
gr8whyt

gr8whyt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Are there instructions on this forum somewhere to create an SBF?

See how little I know? After some searching on here, I think I just answered my last question. Next question...

Is there someplace to download an sbf? And if I were to have one, how the heck do I use it? Thanks and patience please.

Last edited:

cmunny

Reaction score
Rom toolbox has a download secttion that says stock and ota. Those downloads are in there. If you want to sbf you could search xda and download it there and also the rsd lite. I would do the rom toolbox. Much easier. Just download and got into bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I'm running GB 2.3.3 on my Wife's R2D2 and I used the Droid Bionic Bootstrap. I've had no issues, works great!