Will buying this work to charge my Droid X in the car?

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
I've been looking for a LONG car charger for my droid x so this idea popped in my mind. My car doesn't have any usb port, it only has the cigarette port. I don't have my Droid X YET (still shipping) and a car charger. Most car chargers have those curled springy cable but i'm scared that it won't reach my car dock since my car dock is all the way up, or may cause annoyance if i stretch the cable too much.

if i buy this:

Lenmar USB DC Car Adapter Charger for MP3 : Portable Music Car Charger | RadioShack.com

and buy a micro USB cable like this

(http://www.sjtweb.net/Product_images/External/micro USB cable.jpg)

and plug it in from the usb port above to the car dock, will it work like a normal charger?

Thanks.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah it should work perfectly fine as long as the usb port is putting out enough power. I have plugged my usb cable into plenty of other ac usb ports and it worked fine so I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
thats actually not a bad idea at all. i should of thought about that before lol i think it should work out nicely. anyone else think this will work?

OP
C

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
So *ANY* micro usb to usb cable will work? I'm looking at these Blackberry Sync and Charge cables at the moment.