Wikipad Gaming Android Tablet Shows Up at Gamestop with Specs, Pricing & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wikipad-press-shot.png

We have surprising new info regarding the new gaming-focused Android tablet called the WikiPad. Just in case you missed it previously, the concept for this device has been floating around the web since at least January of this year. It had mostly faded into obscurity, with the occasional tidbit or rumor leaking out. Low and behold, the actual device has shown up with press pics, specs, pricing and a timeframe of availability at Gamestop! Here's a breakdown of what we have learned:

Specs for the WikiPad Gaming Android tablet:
  • 1.4 GHz quad-core Tegra 3 CPU
  • 10.1-inch 1280 x 800 IPS LCD
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • 16 and 32 GB of internal storage options
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Dual 8 MP/2 MP cameras
  • 23.46 Wh battery
  • Built-in stereo speakers
  • Buil-in Gamepad
  • A microSD slot
  • Software Bonuses: Full access to Google Play and Tegra 3-optimized games, as well as “exclusive full-length game titles” from GameStop and will be PlayStation Certified and optimized for the Gaikai platform.
The tablet is already up for pre-order on their website. It will retail at brick and mortar Gamestop stores for $499.99, and launch in October. That's a bit of a steep price if you just factor in the internal hardware, but taken as a whole, is decent enough to grab some sales for folks who want to do some hard-core gaming on their tablet. The competition is going to get tougher over the next few months (and more) in tablets though, so it remains to be seen if this impressive gimmick will be successful. Chime in your perspective. There are a few more pics at the source link below.

Source: TheVerge and WikiPad

Last edited:

BigZig

Reaction score
Is it removable from the gamepad?

Edit: Because if it is not that is product i want to develop. A Gamepad that is universal to most tablets so it can be sold to millions you already own tablets that are looking for a solid gaming experience.

Last edited:

swc2001

Reaction score
I am all for the Android Gaming platform to come take the game world by storm.... However I dont think this is the device to do it.
It is too big and cumbersome #1 and the price point is ridiculous.

It shouldnt be any bigger than 7" IMO with an optional HDMI out. It needs to have a Bluetooth wireless controller as well.

And.... most importantly. its gotta have the games to back it up. The games are getting there quick though. Modern Combat, NOVA, Dead Trigger Gun Bros, and the like.

Its just not going to catch if they cant shrink it make it more manageable give it more options and most iportantly LOWER THAT PRICE!!!

In this Economy. No one is going to pop down for this thing.

I hope this does take off in future versions as listed out above.

B0B0

Reaction score
so you get a tablet that's removable from its gaming parts. . . for 500$. . . . hmmmmm

Jmurder209

Reaction score
WikiPad?

I also want to know if the tablet slides in & out? If not they should sale a gamepad that is compatible with any Android 10.1 inch Tablet. Also they should put the 2 analog sticks below the D-Pad & buttons like a PS3 controller. It just seems more comfortable, well in my opinion.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wish I had been the one who had managed to talk GameStop into carrying this so that I could have gotten them to sell it for an intelligent price :p This is the new NGage.
nokia_ngage.jpg