wifi tethering

Shelooga

Reaction score
im running sgv6. d/l all the extra goodies onto my sdcard. now that im done making the smallest changes all over and generally bored, how do i go about tethering wifi through my droid? i know i d/l all the needed files, but dont know what i need to do in order to tether. i also seem to remember there being an issue with sg and wifi tethering. little help?

in other news... any new ROMs for ese81? all ive seen is udV10. dont feel like running the same ROM every other root user is...

gbouten

Reaction score
I was about the ask the same question. I have WI Fi on Buggless Beast, but I had to download Barnacle to Wi Fi tether. It make it sound like WiFi teathering is part of this ROM.

Dxun

Reaction score
I have been using a pay app called Easy Tether. The only problem is it has to be connected via USB. The WIFI Tether apps keep dropping connection on me. It's very frustrating.

Using WIFI Tether is very easy. Go into setting.

(1) Give it a name and password of choice.
(2) Enable encryption.
(3) Enable access control
(4) Hit Start Tether
(5) Search for network with whatever you are using
(6) Hit connect

Sometimes it don't connect so just try again.

gbouten

Reaction score
So WiFi tethering is part of the ROM and not something that you have to download like Barnacle? I have Barnacle wifi tethering and PDAnet tethering on my phone now. PDA net has been flawless but does require to use the USB connection. I had not used any custom ROMs until yesterday and was looking to play with Smoked Glass.

mkraffert

Reaction score
You have to have root access and download the wireless tether app from Google. I use wireless_tether_2.0-pre10. I also think you have to be running a kernel that supports it, but my experience has been that all the overclock kernels I've used have supported it. Once you install it, it's real simple to configure. I've never had it drop me yet.

bolden88

Reaction score
WiFi Tether

I have been trying this since I got the phone in march. I always say unavailable. It has a name, password, enabled everything talked about. It is still UNAVAILABLE. Driving me nuts. Further help or recommend something else.

G

gavron

I have been trying this since I got the phone in march. I always say unavailable. It has a name, password, enabled everything talked about. It is still UNAVAILABLE. Driving me nuts. Further help or recommend something else.

"I always say unavailable."

Good for you. I always say "Gesundheidt."

"It is still UNAVAILABLE."

What does this mean??? What application is giving you this error? What does the WiFi Tether app show???

Please provide some information so we can help you. Right now there's nothing in your post that is usable.

E

bolden88

Reaction score
WiFi

Not sure what else to add. I did as the post above said... Name it, enable, encypt. I go to my networks and can see my phone. When I click on it and say connect the little screen that is usually green for my other connection turns red and says. Network unavailable. There are no errors. Last night I tried PDAnet but that gives me an error 103. Can't find hardware device. Meaning my phone. The reason I am in that loop is that my laptop "found new hardware". I seen a couple other softwares. I was hoping to use the one that came with my ROM and be wireless instead of using my USB cable all the time. Thanks

G

gavron

I think you are out of my league on this one! You might wanna try the "Rescue Squad" forum.

If I could help... I would. eep!

E

bolden88

Reaction score
WiFi Running Finally

I have posted several helps for WiFi and seemed to have stumped people on why my WiFi Tether would run. No where does it tell you to go to advanced that is in the bottom of the network screen and choose "Computer to Computer". As soon as I did this I was up and running. I tried like DXun said and that did nothing. I was surprised at the speed. Did think the 3G would be that quick.

Mike7

Reaction score
When i first read about froyo features i remember it saying that there would be filesharing trhough wifi tetherine. I don't see this feature while on wifi tetherine.... Anyone?

gmmurphy

Reaction score
When i first read about froyo features i remember it saying that there would be filesharing trhough wifi tetherine. I don't see this feature while on wifi tetherine.... Anyone?

i use wifi tether for root users version 2.0.2
i have never had a problem. used with numerous roms.
dl from market, superuser will ask for permissions.
on the device you are tethering, search for wireless networks, you will see android tether connect. simple as that.

Mike7

Reaction score
Im using Simply Stunning 4.5. there is an option for usb tether thru menu-settings. but there was also a ap already installed with rom for wifi-tether. this is the one im using; it connects fine and all.... but i cant see my droid from other computers on network...

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Im using Simply Stunning 4.5. there is an option for usb tether thru menu-settings. but there was also a ap already installed with rom for wifi-tether. this is the one im using; it connects fine and all.... but i cant see my droid from other computers on network...

ill check back when i get home. never tried to share, push or pull files to my droid that way. always use usb, bluetooth or drop box.

~g

if your question has not been answered by the time i get home, ill try my best to help out cheers!

greenplum

Reaction score
Wifi tether no more. After the ota update i rerooted and went to sqlite changed the valve to 0 and wifi tether wont work. Does anyone else have this problem.