WIFI Tethering

EastBay580

Reaction score
Sorry I am sure this has been discussed before, but i can't find anything to help me. I am using WIFI tethering but I cannot get internet access. I connect but it only has local access. Does anyone no what I can do? Is it a setting I need to change. Thanks in advance.

120decibels

Reaction score
I have had the same issue. Still working on it. Able to connect locally but no internet.

Rooted Moto Droid

soccer_doc

Reaction score
The answer is out there...

I'm no expert, but...

since you identified yourself as a noob (so am I)...

- do you have a Droid 1?
- are you rooted?
- have you installed a tethering app?

If the answers are:
- Yes
- no
- no

Then I suggest:

1. Find the post in this forum:

Root Droid 1- regardless of OS version by MotoCache1

Read it, understand it, follow it. Forget Googling threads, trying OneTouch this or that. You'll find blind links to rooting old OS's, etc.
If you're capable of finding this forum, you're capable of understanding this post, following the directions, and understanding your phone a little more in the process.

2. After rooting, go to Market and download free "Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether" app.

3. Go nuts with your new wireless hotspot.

4. If it works for you, too, share the info with other noobs. The smart guys are too busy figuring out cool new stuff to help the rest of us. They can't troll all the threads.

Good luck.......JB

OP
E

EastBay580

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. After rooting it did not work. I used a custom rom and it started working right away. Might have been a bad download from market IDK. If you are having issues try uninstalling and then a reinstall might help. Thanks again guys for the help.

e.aguilar76

Reaction score
If you're looking to tether your computer you can simply use pdanet. Its in the market. I use it. It works awsome

Sent from my DROID2

OP
E

EastBay580

Reaction score
I was trying to get a WIFI hotspots goin. It all works good now so no issues.