wifi tethering keeps dropping on my X

Oasisplayer311

Reaction score
I use my Droid x to wifi tether to my Xoom, but after a few minutes, it will show that my Xoom isn't connected anymore. So I wake the screen on my X and my Xoom will connect again.

so the problem is that once the screen on my Droid X goes off, the wifi tether goes off. How can I get this to stop?

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

The reason no one is answering is because no one tethers anymore verizon is keeping a tight grip and we dont want them to make it harder to root which would stop roms and their development. What i suggest if you must tether use bluetooth option.

Reaction score
Would this result in Verizon crippling my 3G Coverage while trying to browse the internet on the phone? I have used tethering before but here recently it works like crap.... and so does my internet on my phone

OP
Oasisplayer311

Oasisplayer311

Reaction score
The reason no one is answering is because no one tethers anymore verizon is keeping a tight grip and we dont want them to make it harder to root which would stop roms and their development. What i suggest if you must tether use bluetooth option.

where has this been reported and how would Verizon lock down a phone from being rooted? The developer of the phone (Motorola, HTC, etc) would be who locks the phone down.

And your internet and tethering is probably working like crap because of Data Throttling. Once you've reached your recommended data limit, your data is throttled or slowed down. After your months billing cycle, this resets and you have fine internet again until you reach your limit for that month as well.

Reaction score
HelpeRX, it doesn't matter how you tether, verizon just hates the act of tethering if you're not paying for it. Using bluetooth won't matter. But I think that whole issue is being blown out of proportion. I use somewhere between 1-2 gigs per month, so I'm on the upper level of an average user but definitely not someone who is part of the problem that puts a huge strain on the network. I think if you tether, but as long as its reasonable, verizon probably won't check your account and look more closely at your data. Just my opinion, I can be wrong, but ill risk it.

As for the OP, I think you might have the wifi sleep state set to turn off after a certain period of inactivity. Go to settings, wireless and networks, wifi settings, press the menu button, select advanced. Wifi sleep policy, open that and make sure "never" is selected.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums