WiFi Tether Not Working for you with Froyo? Here is what worked for me!

arirang

Reaction score
wifi tether 2.0.5 working for me. thanks.

As the rest above have stated, on Froyo for the Droid I had no luck with Wifi Tether until I downloaded the newest version. Uninstall your Wifi Tether and reinstall this instead. It worked right away for me as well.

2.0.2 wouldnt.
stock FRG22 [rooted]

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
Wifi tether can randomly stop working depending on what kernel you are using. I'd suggest bumping the voltage of your kernel, or trying a different build. While some kernels might work on one phone, others might be best on another persons device.

xowktiger

Reaction score
First I take no credit for this tip... as it was our member mkraffert that posted this tip for me to try! Thank you very much!

Anywho if you are haveing issues with WiFi tether working after upgrading to Froyo. My issue was WiFi Tether would connect to my laptop, but I did not have internet access. So to fix just simply uninstall the WiFi tether app version 2_0_2 and download the 2_0_1 version from here found on this page Code.Google.com

As soon as I installed the older version it worked like a charm again. Hope this helps you as it helped me. :icon_ banana:

My problem is that my laptop can see and connect to the phone, but I can't even open Google. I don't know if it's because it's too slow or if there's something wrong.
Anyway, I wanted to try this out, but when I go into Manage Applications, the Uninstall button is disabled. How do I uninstall the one I have?

I tried installing without uninstalling 2.0.2. It did install, and it did read 2.0.1, but shortly after that it force closed, and since then, every time I run it, it force closes.

Last edited:

hippyfish

Reaction score
My problem is that my laptop can see and connect to the phone, but I can't even open Google. I don't know if it's because it's too slow or if there's something wrong.
Anyway, I wanted to try this out, but when I go into Manage Applications, the Uninstall button is disabled. How do I uninstall the one I have?

I tried installing without uninstalling 2.0.2. It did install, and it did read 2.0.1, but shortly after that it force closed, and since then, every time I run it, it force closes.

Having the same problem. I can see the connection and connect, but can't seem to route traffic. Haven't tried uninstalling and putting a newer version on yet.

Had the same issue with Barnacle, except it wouldn't even see the barnacle ssid.

Hippyfish

Lithium Mod 1.0.12
Alternate Dark Theme
Stock Kernel