WiFi Problems

undergrace

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First of all, I did try searching and could find no help on my specific issue so this is my last resort.

I just traded my iPhone 3GS 32GB for a Motorola Droid 1. Mainly b/c I have no att service and it was doing me no good except for wifi and games. Anyway, my problem is this:

My Droid will connect to my wifi network, it will show full signal strength but when I try to do something involving data(web, facebook, etc) it says no connection was available and says to either retry or cancel. I have to go back into settings and turn the wifi off and just use 3G. One of the main reasons I wanted this phone was b/c I love the wifi feature. It worked perfectly on my iPhone but won't with the Droid. I am running 2.2 Froyo and have a D-Link DIR-615 router. I also have the highest speed available from my internet provider.

I've tried the basics, battery pulls, re configuring my router, taking all security off, resetting internet connection all together and have had NO luck. It IS detecting and connecting but it just won't "do" anything. I have also noticed that it just comes and goes as it pleases even when I'm sitting next to the router. The wifi icon will be there, disappear, be there, disappear. You get the point.

Anyone have a FIX for this prob? I'm pretty tech savvy but am not good with wifi jargon or settings. So take it easy on me please:icon_eek:

Paul1201

Reaction score
Try setting your router to b/g instead of b/g/n if you can. For some reason my Droid will not connect to my home WAP if I have it set to any wireless n setting. As long as I use the b and g settings only it works fine.

OP
U

undergrace

Reaction score
I completely reinstalled the router again and set up mid level security vs high security or no security, went to the settings online and deleted all authorized users and re configured it thru my phone and it's working, well, somewhat. At least I'm making some progress. Seems to loose connection every once in awhile but for the most part it is working ok.

Last edited:

Paul1201

Reaction score
Sounds like a signal strength issue maybe. Download WiFi Analyzer to your Droid phone. That program will help you see all the networks your phone is picking up and tell you what channel to set your router on to decrease interference from other networks etc.