wifi problems with CM7

roydroid

Reaction score
So far the only major issue I have that is a true nuisance, is wifi connectivity. After flashing to this rom I can't seem to get wifi to work properly. It is setup as always, looks like I connect to my home router -- but the phone doesn't pull up pages on the web at all. Strange. Anyone else?

*UPDATE As of today ( few days after starting this thread), my wifi problems are gone, at least as far as I can tell. So maybe the problems I was having were unrelated to CM7, or intermittent.

roblusk71

Reaction score
So far the only major issue I have that is a true nuisance, is wifi connectivity. After flashing to this rom I can't seem to get wifi to work properly. It is setup as always, looks like I connect to my home router -- but the phone doesn't pull up pages on the web at all. Strange. Anyone else?

Mine won't even turn on. I have run fix permissions and still cannot get it to enable.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
Mine won't even turn on. I have run fix permissions and still cannot get it to enable.

I had a wifi error when I used the V6 scripts, specifically the 3g turbo one. Do you happen to have these running?

roblusk71

Reaction score
I had a wifi error when I used the V6 scripts, specifically the 3g turbo one. Do you happen to have these running?

Yes I do have both.

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
The 3g script is the culprit. I don't know anyone running CM7GB that is successfully running it. I had to run the V6 script, pick option 14, or whatever option that enables you to "Unsupercharger". This basically erased all the scripts associated with V6 including the 3g script. I then rebooted, installed the v6 script (rebooted) and the kernel script, rebooted(DO NOT RE-RUN THE 3G SCRIPT). The 3g script was the problem and unfortunately didn't work for me. Try this and get back to me. I want to know if it worked.

roblusk71

Reaction score
The 3g script is the culprit. I don't know anyone running CM7GB that is successfully running it. I had to run the V6 script, pick option 14, or whatever option that enables you to "Unsupercharger". This basically erased all the scripts associated with V6 including the 3g script. I then rebooted, installed the v6 script (rebooted) and the kernel script, rebooted(DO NOT RE-RUN THE 3G SCRIPT). The 3g script was the problem and unfortunately didn't work for me. Try this and get back to me. I want to know if it worked.

Luckily for me I am paranoid and backup before I make any changes. I just restored that backup and it's working now.

OP
R

roydroid

Reaction score
Just an update -- I started this thread -- but for whatever reason ( I don't know) after two days of having repetitive problems with wifi, now for the last 2 days I can't find any issues. So, maybe I was wrong, maybe there isn't a wifi problem associated with CM7 ( or perhaps it is intermittent)..... anyway, there you go.

Taegost

Reaction score
I've been having an intermittent issue with the wifi myself. It's existed across the FroYo kernel, Monster kernel, and now with the OTA kernel. Altho at least now I can get it to work again if I go into Settings -> WIreless & Networks and disable wifi through it. It will disable, immediately re-enable itself, and then start working.

Taegost

Reaction score
Well, as an update to this, my wifi won't even turn on now. When I go into Settings, it says "error" right where it would normally say that it's turned off or what network I'm connected to...

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Well, as an update to this, my wifi won't even turn on now. When I go into Settings, it says "error" right where it would normally say that it's turned off or what network I'm connected to...

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

Reflash the rom. Do a full wipe,data and everything.

brianjcohen

Reaction score
Wifi in CM7 nightlies on the D2 is pretty horrible for me, too. I'm running build #63. Yesterday I did a full wipe/reset and dalvik wipe so that I was starting fresh and wifi is still flakey.

OP
R

roydroid

Reaction score
Wifi in CM7 nightlies on the D2 is pretty horrible for me, too. I'm running build #63. Yesterday I did a full wipe/reset and dalvik wipe so that I was starting fresh and wifi is still flakey.

Based on my experience thus far, can't disagree. Wifi would be my biggest complaint, second maybe to poor battery drain in evenings even when I'm not using this thing. For me know one very annoying thing is that most of the time I can't turn wifi off. Its always on, I turn it off and it auto restarts. At work my wifi signal is so weak at my desk id prefer to be on 3g, but the weak signal is just enough to stop my phone from switching over and I can't shut down wifi as I said. That's bizarre.... but positives of this rom still out weigh negatives. Maybe next nightly will fix.

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
I'm having problems with this as well. Hopefully this is resolved soon! Keep updating this thread when you have any new info!

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I have a different kind of problem with my wifi. Whenever I turn it on, it won't connect initially. I have to turn it off, wait a few minutes, and turn it back on before it'll connect.