Wifi problems/MAC address

billyidle

Reaction score
I've been having wifi issues, not just with Sapphire, with all froyo roms. Main (and only) problem being not able to connect to a network.

I don't know how I missed this, but in Advanced in wifi settings, it says MAC address: Unavailable. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thoraldus

Reaction score
I've been having wifi issues, not just with Sapphire, with all froyo roms. Main (and only) problem being not able to connect to a network.

I don't know how I missed this, but in Advanced in wifi settings, it says MAC address: Unavailable. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have WiFi enabled? There's been some chatter on the net that with Froyo you need to enable WiFi first before you can see the MAC Address at SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE > STATUS.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
I've just confirmed that if you turn off WiFi then do a power off reboot, the MAC address is "UNAVAILABLE" until you enable WiFi. A minor system quirk. :wink:

OP
billyidle

billyidle

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, now I can see my MAC address again. Still can't connect though lol. Worth a shot anyway. TY

Trabs

Reaction score
wifi MAC ADRESS unavailable android 2.1

Hi,

I'm having some troubles connecting to wifi, it appears on my MAC adress unavailable!! it was working perfectly but since sunday it stopped working and appeared MAC ADRESS unavailable!

any suggestions???

thanx