Mac Address Keeps Changing on WiFi

jerkwad

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller ;-)

I'm having an odd issue where every time i disable and then re-enable my wifi connection, on the DroidX, I notice that the tiwlan0 mac address is regenerated with a NEW mac address. This is causing all kinds of havoc on my dhcp server (multiple mac addresses) as well as removes the ability to create any type of reservation within the dhcp server!

I'm running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6 but have not seen any mention of this on the googles/internetz for any ROM, let alone anything specific to Liquid's ROM. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? I can't be the first one to notice this, but all of my searches come up with posts that are asking about HOW to change/spoof our mac addresses (not helpful).

Thanks to any/all that may be of help here!

OP
J

jerkwad

Reaction score
ok, so shortly after posting this I find a few more instances of this issue with NO resoultion (but now unable to remove this post!) I guess this is happening on more than one device and it isn't limited to a specific rom!

carry on.

thegreyspot

Reaction score
ok, so shortly after posting this I find a few more instances of this issue with NO resoultion (but now unable to remove this post!) I guess this is happening on more than one device and it isn't limited to a specific rom!

carry on.

Did you find a solution for this? this is happening on lots of roms.

OP
J

jerkwad

Reaction score
Unfortunately i haven't found anything besides the posts complaining about it (just like me!)

I've tried sbf, radio versions, doing the ota updates from verizon, etc. Nothing seems to matter. I figure that I'm boned at this point. Very strange though!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums