WiFi problem

biggrizzly

Reaction score
My DROID sees the WiFi connection in my home fine and says that its an excellent signal. I entered the WEP key and it tries to establish a connection but fails.

What is the problem? Any ideas
Do I need to reset the router?

pwo

Reaction score
My DROID sees the WiFi connection in my home fine and says that its an excellent signal. I entered the WEP key and it tries to establish a connection but fails.

Try resetting the router.

Ensure you typed the passcode correctly (mistakes in typing can happen go slow)

Try disabling security on your network and then try to connect. If you can then problem with your security...

Please post your results....

OP
B

biggrizzly

Reaction score
OK

I'll give that a try. Wifey is on her laptop now surfin' the web so I can't reset just now. I'll give it a try later.

I think if I do a complete hard reset, I will have to re-enter an SID and new WEP key. I can't even remember my dang user ID and password for the router. Sad!!:eek:

kennyg23

Reaction score
Restarting the router won't effect the WEP password. Only way to reset that is to login to the router and request a new one.

iDroid

Reaction score
WRT54GS V.2 now working with Droid

My problem was identical to yours. After much fiddling, I finally got my Droid to connect to my WRT54GS router with WEP security by disabling "Firewall Protection" - it is under the Security tab at: http://192.168.1.1/Firewall.asp

Once I disabled the firewall, I re-entered my hex key in the Droid and it immediately obtained an IP address. I have since enabled Firewall Protection again and the Droid remains connected to my WiFi network.

Guindalf

Reaction score
Just as a side note, DON'T USE WEP!

It's not secure.

Use WPA instead.

iHope

Reaction score
Thank you... this worked!

My problem was identical to yours. After much fiddling, I finally got my Droid to connect to my WRT54GS router with WEP security by disabling "Firewall Protection" - it is under the Security tab at: http://192.168.1.1/Firewall.asp

Once I disabled the firewall, I re-entered my hex key in the Droid and it immediately obtained an IP address. I have since enabled Firewall Protection again and the Droid remains connected to my WiFi network.

iDroid -- After days of frustration, finally an answer. I would have never found this on my own, and I consider myself a fairly technical person. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

iDroid

Reaction score
iDroid -- After days of frustration, finally an answer. I would have never found this on my own, and I consider myself a fairly technical person. Thank you for taking the time to post this.
iHope, thanks for letting me know that it worked for you too. I appreciate that very much!

OP
B

biggrizzly

Reaction score
I just solved my problem as well. I simply did a hard reset on my wireless router/gateway. Then established a whole new network SSID and passphrase using WPA instead of WEP. When I created the new wireless network the DROID hopped on with no problem and is now blazing fast at home!!!

Yeh!!! success!!

Foggles

Reaction score
Switching to WPA from WEP worked for me as well. Before, I could connect, but I only had limited functionality at very slow speeds. Now things are working smoothly as you would expect. Very odd that WEP is so problematic for the droid.

paltomjr

Reaction score
My Wifi is driving me crazy. My Commando is able to use any other WiFi except my home. The phone says it's connected, the router says it's connected, but no data will pass. Please Help:icon_eek:

paltomjr

Reaction score
Fixed

Bought a "modern" router, ha ha, and the phone connected right away! Last firmware for my old one was from 3/09