Wifi or Bluetooth?

BoJatey

Reaction score
Just rooted for Wifi Tether but unsure which way to go, wifi or bluetooth? Please give feedback on advantages and disadvantages of each, fastest, cheapest, safest, etc. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
WiFi is faster.

That's really about it..... I mean you can't tether say your iPod Touch via Bluetooth, it only gets internet from WiFi. But if you have a computer with Bluetooth but not WiFi for some reason, that's really the only situation I can think of where Bluetooth would come in handy.

Oh! Another thing you can do is (PdaNet does this too) connect your phone to your computer through Bluetooth for internet connection sharing, and if you don't have unlimited data or aren't in a 3G coverage area, you can connect to your a WiFi hotspot at say, a coffee shop, and the internet the phone gets goes to your computer also.

Coffee Shop WiFi ----> WiFi ---Phone---Bluetooth----> Computer

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't bought any of the hardware yet, bluetooth or wifi. I can get a wireless adapter for about $40 and probably the same for a BT setup but now I'm hearing Easy Tether Pro works just as good and you know thats $10. Had ET Lite and I know its limited but couldn't connect half the time. I'll buy the wifi adapter and set it up and if I don't like it I'll take it back and try BT or ET. Thanks for the info.