Wifi not staying connected

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the liberty rom and everything is working good except for my wifi. It won't stay connected to a network (home and business and mccdonalds). It will say authenticating..., then go to a state of disabled, and then go back to scanning. Anyone having problems with wifi? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Posted some screen shots below

aefcb09b-25c7-7ff4.jpg
aefcb09b-25db-f24f.jpg

Sent from my Liberty D2

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
I don't blame the ROM for that behavior, my D2 did that, both rooted and not rooted with the stock ROM as well. It usually doesn't do it at home or at my in-laws, but my office wifi is terrible for it. I don't really know why either as I know a few people with DX's and DINC's who don't have any problems. Usually I disable wifi and turn it back on and that seems to help about 75% of the time.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think its the rom bc I have seen screenshots of liberty with it working. It was working on the stock rom. I have been disabling it and turning it back on for about 10-12mins. Wifi just won't come on. I have done a battery pull and rebooted. Anyone know what to try? Wifi is on but the phone wont pick it up

aefc9221-2f08-ae64.jpg

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also says suplicant state: inactive as you can see in the screenshot below

aefc9bad-41c1-7663.jpg

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok y'all I got my wifi to work. I followed this path: menu/settings/wireless and networks/turned wifi on/let it connect then say disabled/long press wifi connection/press modify/enter password/ then it went back to connections screen and started working. You can see the icon in the state bar in the pic below.

4b6e6af7-4971-c722.jpg

Ill see if it will stay on for any amount of time and edit this post and let everyone know how it goes

*edit*
Well this was quick the wifi will now work and I also changed the sleep policy never to sleep. The wifi is simply not staying on. The toggle control from extended controls even goes from on to off. Any suggestions here?

Sent from my Liberty D2