wifi not working

I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. The router is barely a year old and has all the current updates available. It seems to work fine with the other 3 phones in the house. Hard to argue when I can stand in my garage (which is not attached to my house) and connect fine, though not the strongest signal, with my razr maxx hd, but can't even see the router with the turbo. And believe it or not, I am usually not picky about these things, but I am just not feeling the wow factor I thought I would, that's all
I'm not sure what the router is at work... But I have the same problem at home.. In order to get it to connect I have to restart the phone or toggle the airplane mode.. And my router is new and up to date..

Well, the old saying, your results may vary applies here. Mine has given me zero issues for wifi, cellular and Bluetooth. It connects every time, holds the connection, quality of communication is superb, and quality of audio is likewise superb. I have a FIOS wireless router at home, and God knows what they have at work, but in both cases I can sit at least as far from the router in my car as I ever have and still have a great connection.

My parking lot at the office is 16 parking spaces deep (really 17 if you count the extra space along side the handicapped spot), my parking spot is the 15th (not including the non - numbered handicap spot), and I have between one and two bars on WIFI while sitting in my car. This is exactly what I experienced with my RAZR MAXX and my Droid MAXX.

This is a couple pics from out my office window and looking at our parking lot to give you some perspective. My parking spot is the last one to right in the photo under the light.

9b41759b26e69d60d0466c0142480d25.jpg

That's my truck parked in the visitors spot now.

b0cecc7784f95a830012f7f22b1a55e2.jpg

And that's a close-up of my parking spot, #15, top right.

At home, I pick up my house WIFI just at the end of my cul de sac (4 houses deep and my house is up on a hill at the end of the circle and sits back from the circle over 170'). I've had nothing but exemplary performance from the radios.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe it's my case? I have it in a lifeproof case, I wonder where the WiFi antenna is in relation to how I hold it in my hand?

Maybe it's my case? I have it in a lifeproof case, I wonder where the WiFi antenna is in relation to how I hold it in my hand?
Is quite possibly the case but I've not heard others indicate their case causes interference. I'm assuming there is no metal in the case, and if so then it shouldn't interfere.

How you hold it can contribute to signal degradation but not normally enough to cause the issues you're dealing with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have had zero radio issues. Bluetooth is good, WiFi is good, cell reception is good, etc.
Battery had been great...and as long as I keep my hand steady, the camera is fine. The second delay is a non issue. Sure, I wish it was instant, but it's not a big deal.
I'm a power use as well. I'm on WiFi at work, I use data most of the time at home, but on WiFi when I use Chromecast or at various other times.
If something isn't working properly with your phone, do a factory reset, leave the settings at factory settings, don't disable any apps, etc and take the case off... Try it for a couple days and see how it goes.
If it ain't right, take it back and exchange it while you can.

Sometimes people complain about their phone when the phone isn't the problem. Could be the router, could be poor WiFi, could be bad apps causing issues, they may have disabled something they shouldn't have, they may have 50 different apps running non-stop and pushing notifications every 5 minutes, etc, etc.

I'm not saying that is the case here...the phone could very well be the issue , but to others reading this thread, don't think that every complaint about a phone is the phones fault.

I work in IT, and most of the complaints about a user's computer are not the computers fault. It's usually something the user inadvertently did to screw it up.

Last edited:
Well, the good thing is that I hardly ever sit in my garage and need to be on wifi! Inside the house it's been working great, that's what really matters. I still love this phone

Woot! Glad you're still happy with it overall. I really do hope the problem resolves itself but if the phone is bad, I'd get it replaced pronto.

Woot! Glad you're still happy with it overall. I really do hope the problem resolves itself but if the phone is bad, I'd get it replaced pronto.
Yeah, if something isn't right, get it replaced. No manufacturer of any electronics product has ever had a 0% failure rate. Lemons happen...and pretty much everyone has had to deal with it at some point in their lives with at least one product. It's just part of the deal of being a consumer of electronics.

Yeah, if something isn't right, get it replaced. No manufacturer of any electronics product has ever had a 0% failure rate. Lemons happen...and pretty much everyone has had to deal with it at some point in their lives with at least one product. It's just part of the deal of being a consumer of electronics.

Case in point... My Turbo suffered a problem a few days ago, which had me scratching my head. As I would try to swipe down the status bar, once my finger hit about 1" from the top of the phone, the status bar would scroll back up to the top and I couldn't open it. Then I noticed I couldn't drag icons up to the top and remove them from the home screens, instead they would "let go" and drop onto the top position of the screen. Furthermore, certain apps that had buttons in an area across the screen that was within the 1" to 1.25" position from the top would not respond to my finger presses.

Turns out, the digitizer failed. It was probably a pinched cable or un-seated connector, or possibly a failed chip but whatever the cause the screen wouldn't detect any finger-presses in a 1/4" high band across the width of the top of the screen, about 1/2" below the bezel (cameras and speaker). I did all the troubleshooting, reboots, FDRs, update and FDRs, nothing fixed it. I took the phone into a phone center store, showed it to the manager, let him try. When it did the same thing, I then did an FDR right in front of him and let him try it again...failed. They replaced it on the spot.

If it's within 14 days, get to a store immediately. If you can't, at least call 1-800-922-0204 and report the problem before the 14 days pass. This way you'll assure that your replacement is a BRAND NEW phone, and NOT a Certified Like-New Replacement (CLNR), although being as this phone is really new, even a CLNR is likely to be practically brand new.

Back