WiFi keeps shutting off when phone sleeps

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I can still use it... the hassle is just in turning it on each time... and then waiting for it.. maybe ill just restore my restore.....

Fiorella

Reaction score
Did you get it fixed yet

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Did you get it fixed yet

No, but I may just switch ROMS to liberty to see if that helps... Weird thing is, if I leave the GPS on in the power control widget, Wifi does not turn off when the phones asleep. But if its just Wifi left on, it will eventually turn off.... Very weird...

Omadhaun

Reaction score
Did you get it fixed yet

No, but I may just switch ROMS to liberty to see if that helps... Weird thing is, if I leave the GPS on in the power control widget, Wifi does not turn off when the phones asleep. But if its just Wifi left on, it will eventually turn off.... Very weird...
SOLVED!
From Motorola Droid X :: WiFi Sleep Policy - Optimal Setting?

Motorola Droid X :: WiFi Sleep Policy - Optimal Setting?

"If you go to Settings->Wireless and Networks -> Wifi Settings and then hit the Menu button (the one with for squares on the bottom left) and go to advanced there is an option for Wi-fi Sleep Policy. It looks like the default is to turn off wi-fi and switch to mobile data when the screen turns off? Is this the optimal setting? Wouldn't you want it to never turn off (assuming you are in range of wifi)? That way any alerts etc. are all handled over wifi instead of data?"

Solved the problem for me with Rubix Blurry 2.0 dancedroid

Last edited:

arun007

Reaction score
Dude if you have installed Go power master there u need to turn off ;)