WiFi keeps shutting off when phone sleeps

Casen

Reaction score
Starters:

ROM: Rubix Focused 1.9.5

I just did a data wipe to clean out my contacts, and now my wifi turns off every time the phone goes to sleep. I have set the option to never turn off in
Wireless and network>wifi setting>(menu button) Advanced>wifi sleep policy, but it still turns off when my phone goes to sleep.
It was not doing this before the data wipe... Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Anybody have any other problems like this....? Its getting annoying, and old, lol...

Fiorella

Reaction score
Its your settings do you have like a battery manager or something.
What rom you using.

DROIDX Rooted running Liberty 1.0
Sent using DroidForums App

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Read first post, and no battery manager or anything.

Fiorella

Reaction score
What rom you using.

Nevermind I didn't read the top part. And I used to have the rubix rom so I don't think that's the problem.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I know, it was working fine, but my contact list was screwed up because i mixed Backup assistant, and google contacts.. had like 43 of everybody, so i just wiped data, and bam, my wifi started doing this...

Fiorella

Reaction score
Very interesting. But I had the same result when I first installed GummyJar 2.1 and when I connected to wifi it wouldn't stay stable. It kept connecting/disconnecting. The problem was that the bandwidth was at its limit. It worked fine after I waited 20 minutes. It was just a coincidence it occurred the same time I installed the rom making it seem like it the rom's fault.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
No, not disconnecting. I mean my wifi is getting turned off. Like going into setting>wireless>and turning off the wifi radio. When the screen on and the wifi is on, i have no issues at all. but when i hit the power button to turn off the screen, at somepoint my phone decides to turn off the wifi....the wifi used to just stay on until i physically turned it back off myself

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
UPDATE: ok.... for some strange reason, deleting the power control widget off my homescreen, then placing it back on worked, and fixed the issue.... Very weird...

Edit: I put the power control widget back on,turned on wifi, turned my screen off, looked on the internet for a bit, turned the screen back on, and my wifi was off again... so not fixed.....

Last edited:

Fiorella

Reaction score
I forgot where but there is a setting where you can select your phone to turn wifi off when you lock the screen as a battery saving option I forgot where it is though. I'll try to check for you

Fiorella

Reaction score
UPDATE: ok.... for some strange reason, deleting the power control widget off my homescreen, then placing it back on worked, and fixed the issue.... Very weird...

Good for you glad you fixed it

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I forgot where but there is a setting where you can select your phone to turn wifi off when you lock the screen as a battery saving option I forgot where it is though. I'll try to check for you

Settings>wireless and networks>wifi setting> (hard menu button) advanced>wifi sleep policy. It doesnt do anything....

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
NOT FIXED: I put the power control widget back on,turned on wifi, turned my screen off, looked on the internet for a bit, turned the screen back on, and my wifi was off again... so not fixed.....

lol, this is very weird.....

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
So, its not fixed, but the problem lies with my power control widget being on my home screen. If its on my homescreen, when my screen turns off, wifi turns off.... But if its not on my screen, wifi will stay on until the battery dies....lol

Fiorella

Reaction score
There could be a registery error from when you restored everything. But I feel your pain since I use wifi all the time and know the hassle of not being able to use it.
For now you could just not lock the screen until you permanently fix it.