Wifi just stopps working with cm 6.1 rc 3

Wetzilla

Reaction score
This is the second time this has happened with a cm 6.1 rc, first it was rc0 and now it's rc3. I've been running rc3 since it came out with slayhers 1.6 1ghz lv kernel, and everything was fine. Then today, the wifi just stops connecting, and now it doesn't actually see any wifi network in range, but it still just sits on connecting, and never does anything.

Both times this has happened at work, where I bounce between two wifi networks in the building, so I'm assuming it has something to do with changing between two networks. So far the only way to fix it is to wipe data and completely reinstall the rom.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Wiping data & cache would leave your phone as it was when you had just flashed the ROM, I don't see why you would need to flash it over itself after wiping data & cache...

csoga

Reaction score
This is the second time this has happened with a cm 6.1 rc, first it was rc0 and now it's rc3. I've been running rc3 since it came out with slayhers 1.6 1ghz lv kernel, and everything was fine. Then today, the wifi just stops connecting, and now it doesn't actually see any wifi network in range, but it still just sits on connecting, and never does anything.

Both times this has happened at work, where I bounce between two wifi networks in the building, so I'm assuming it has something to do with changing between two networks. So far the only way to fix it is to wipe data and completely reinstall the rom.

Exact same thing happened to me, shortly after I flashed CM 6.1 RC1, just after it came out. Kept having to flash back to a 6.0 (final) backup, then update again.

Finally, after I made the Droid "forget" the 6-8 APs it had stored, then rebooting, it found my home AP just fine, I entered the PSK, it connected, and has worked fine since. This may work for you?...

OP
W

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I rebooted a few times, cleared a few old APs, and then it just started working again. Weird.

jbrock98

Reaction score
I'm having this problem on RC4 it'll start connecting then say opening ip address then it'll say disconnecting then it'll just say connecting connecting......I'll try forgetting &clearing ones I have stored, hope it works

Edit: it started working after clearing saved networks & rebooting the fifth time
Sent from my Droid