Wifi issues after overclocking

mattv111

Reaction score
So I overclocked to 1200mhz@58v using frm and ever since my wifi signal is horrible. I can be right beside the router and only have 1 to 2 bars. Any ideas? I'm running fission 2.4.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Our phones are plagued with wifi problems.... its a well known and documented issue. Are you sure it worked good before? My wifi does the same thing, I use jrummys dx/d2 overclock app but my wifi is horrible no matter what, stock, fission, gummyjar, squidly, overclock, underclock. I would try installing the clock setting you want in frm again before returning to stock clock speed.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try lowering the speed. If that does not work remove the kernel (restore the backup) and make sure the issues was resolved. If so, install a different kernel.

Goatastic

Reaction score
Our phones are plagued with wifi problems.... its a well known and documented issue. Are you sure it worked good before? My wifi does the same thing, I use jrummys dx/d2 overclock app but my wifi is horrible no matter what, stock, fission, gummyjar, squidly, overclock, underclock. I would try installing the clock setting you want in frm again before returning to stock clock speed.

I have never seen any wifi issues with this phone. I almost always get better wifi reception than any desktop or laptop computer in the same spot. Can you link this documentation because now I'm curious. Just not curious enough to look myself.

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
I've never had wifi issues either until I overclocked