Wifi is working!

Jonas

Reaction score
Maybe this is old news, or maybe I'm the first one to get it to work, but I am currently running the GB version of CM7, and my Wifi is working. I know its working because the icon is show in the status bar, and in settings it gives me the correct router name, and says connected. I know that was a big bug for other people, and I think I may have fixed it. I'm not 100% sure, but I think what I did that fixed it was try to access one wifi point, and it didn't work. Because of another reason, I rebooted my phone, and then tried it again out of curiousty. No luck. But then when I went to another house, one with a saved wifi hot spot, my wifi automatically came on, and is working great. So maybe the key is to try to access one point, and then reboot, and then all other access points will work, I'm not sure.

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
Everything works right now on my 10/19 build. Maybe SBF and redo the root process then reinstall it. With this build you don't need to reboot, wifi works like it should.

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Everything works right now on my 10/19 build. Maybe SBF and redo the root process then reinstall it. With this build you don't need to reboot, wifi works like it should.

Alright, well I think I have either that nightly or the one right before it installed. I'm really excited for this ROM since I'm putting CM7 on my GF's Atrix, and so I put CM7 back on my phone to show her how it would be, and I'm just going to keep it on! The only really big thing for me is the 1% battery. I really miss that, but I guess in time I'll get used to the normal 10%. I just like being accurate.

CashClay

Reaction score
WIFI issue looks to have been solved...

I have to agree the the OP here. I have been running all the nightlies and up until the latest build from 10/30, I also has a wifi switching issue that the recommended radio fix from the DEV forum just didn't work for me. I tried everything to remedy the situation, but to no avail. On the newest build, I have yet to find any "deal breaker" type bugs yet. WIFI was the biggest for me, so as of now, I'll use this version daily. FINALLY! I do look forward to 1% increments on batt., but I can live without them until the day Rev sees fit to work that out. Long story short (...too late...), CM7 has just officially extended my upgrade well into next year. Much love to the whole team working on this!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just a little heads-up, wifi also works pretty well on the Froyo base CM7.

If you're wondering, yes I still am running that ancient release. The only issue now is the occasional spurt of bad battery life where android OS eats up more power than the display does. And that doesn't usually occur.

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Everything I use works as of right now. Dsp fc sometimes but overall everything works great.

Droid2 Global CM4D2G-GB-20111204a
CM7 RevNumbers Kang

robbie35085

Reaction score
HI WHAT IS THE BEST ROM FOR MY DROID 2

Sent from my DROID 2 using DroidForums

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score

Read my FAQ. In my signature. You'll understand why this is an annoying question. There's a specific section for this exact question.

Sent from my Banana Phone

ElectroGeek

Reaction score

Indeed this question is annoying for the simple fact that there are entire other threads devoted to this question. USE THE SEARCH. Then if unsuccessful start a new thread. Don't hijack an existing one...

Droid2 Global CM4D2G-GB-20111204a
CM7 RevNumbers Kang

93fuelslut

Reaction score
yea my wifi isnt working either..it will connect and then say one second later say disconnting...