Wifi inoperable

DroidX1114

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

It detects my home network, tries to connect to it, but then just fails and keeps trying to reconnect.

Everything has been double checked, password etc. The router is ok...my friend's iphone connects to it perfectly.

Please help..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know too. Recently I got a new modem (Motorola SBG6580) which has Wifi so this is the first time since I got my Droid 1 (11/6/09) that I had an actual need to turn on the Wifi on my phone. It does the same thing, although it sometimes connects and stays connected; for a while, at least. Then it loses the connection.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you running 802.11N perhaps? The Droid hardware cant support the N infrastructure.

Sgt Jiggy

Reaction score
I had to customize the firewalls in my router, once I did that it was fixed.

OP
D

DroidX1114

Reaction score
Are you running 802.11N perhaps? The Droid hardware cant support the N infrastructure.

Oo I have to check...but my friend on his iphone connects to it? Don't tell me apple +1 android 0....

Again like above, if that's the case, then my friend(s) wouldn't be able to connect either?

Thanks all for the replies however!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oo I have to check...but my friend on his iphone connects to it? Don't tell me apple +1 android 0....

Check and get back to us. I dont really consider the N thing a loss -- 54Mbit is more than enough.

Sgt Jiggy

Reaction score

Again like above, if that's the case, then my friend(s) wouldn't be able to connect either?

Thanks all for the replies however!

No, my wifes HTC connected to it just fine prior to the change.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Droid 1s don't like ssids not being broadcast. The wifi chip is good but limited, so you should turn that on if it's off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
My home router broadcasts and my D1 still won't connect. It says it is connected, it pulls an IP address, but I have no ability to surf the net, check email, or anything else that requires a connection to the internet.

My work router also broadcasts and my D1 connects everytime! Both routers are b/g secured with WEP. Just different models.

My home router is a Netgear, my work a Westell.

Every other wireless device has no problem connecting to my home router setup. Ipod Touch, laptops, xbox. Only my D1 fails.

What gives?!?!?!

Thank god I have an unlimited data plan or I would really be pissed!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've had that problem with a few networks. I have no idea what's up. One of those unexplained mysteries, maybe? :)

And yeah, thank all that's holy for the unlimited plans! :D

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Connecting to SurfBoard SBG6580 Wireless Router

I'd like to know too. Recently I got a new modem (Motorola SBG6580) which has Wifi so this is the first time since I got my Droid 1 (11/6/09) that I had an actual need to turn on the Wifi on my phone.

It does the same thing, although it sometimes connects and stays connected; for a while, at least. Then it loses the connection.

On the installation CD for the SBG6580 there is a tool that allows you to have the CD make the connection with your WiFi device (i.e. Droid 2) for you. I used this, and the connection went well, and has been stable.

I know that when I have tried to connect "manually" to a network that it is very picky about getting the passcode exactly right (capitalization, O versus zero, etc.) so if you are doing this by typing in the passcode manually, then give it a couple of goes.

Good luck and let us know what success you have.