wifi hotspot

Actuallee

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my rooted gnex a Wi-Fi hotspot that does not use my data plan data? Maybe just wishful thinking. I just want a hotspots for my gtab 7.7 on the road

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my rooted gnex a Wi-Fi hotspot that does not use my data plan data? Maybe just wishful thinking. I just want a hotspots for my gtab 7.7 on the road

No. Wi-Fi hotspot uses your data plan, as you are sharing your phone's data connection with whatever you connect to it.

Newps

Reaction score

Wifi hotspot? Yes that's easy. But if you don't use your data plan where do you think the data will come from in the first place?

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
OK thanks for the replies buy still no solutions offered....I get it that I have to use my data. Dumb question there. But any suggested routes for hotspotting?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use an app like FoxFi (no root needed) but it will use data. No way around it.

navy

Reaction score
If you can make a hotpot to connect your tablet without using your data plan data, there must be another wifi hotpot, why not connect it with your tablet directly? That is a luxurious dream.