Wifi crashes droid

chilster

Reaction score
I continually experience reboots that return to the on state but have no radio connectivity (wifi or cell). If I keep my wifi disabled my droid will run fine for weeks. The longest that it has lasted with wifi enabled is 2 days. The issue might be the switching between the 2 wireless networks that I use. An unsecured g network at work (external internet access only) and my home g network with WPA/WPA2 PSK security. Thoughts? Others with same experience?:icon_evil:

gtbuzzy

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Phone reboots several times a day. When it comes back on I have neither wifi nor cell connectivity. I did a factory reset yesterday which seems to have fixed the constant rebooting, but I still can't get my wifi radio to work. It says wifi is turned on in the settings, but it doesn't find any APs though it should see several. Seems like maybe the wifi radio is dead? I don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Could it be some weird program you have installed? Don't use an automated task killer! Don't use antivirus!

I almost think you should return the phone.

On a somewhat related note, I haven't used wifi in 4 weeks because it would janky my gmail sync and pop3 polling. No wifi, no problems. Waiting for 2.1