WiFI connection periodiaclly drops

Shoop

Reaction score
I have WiFi and 2 WAP's in my house running WEP encryption with SSID broadcast turned off. My phone has successfully synced with my network and when I come home it syncs automatically. However, when I've been home for a while the phone will disconnect from the network. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to go into the Droid settings and turn WiFi off and then turn it back on.

Anyone know why it does this? or how to fix it?

godanigo

Reaction score
Yup, I see the same behavior... really annoying...

It's probably your router. I recommend testing out your wifi somewhere else or resetting your router.

Edit: Also to the OP, have you checked your wireless settings? There is an option to decide when, if ever, you want the wireless to disconnect.

OP
S

Shoop

Reaction score

It's probably your router. I recommend testing out your wifi somewhere else or resetting your router.

Edit: Also to the OP, have you checked your wireless settings? There is an option to decide when, if ever, you want the wireless to disconnect.

The router is set to assign ip. It is also set to hold for 24hours but the disconnect usually happens before that.

godanigo

Reaction score

The router is set to assign ip. It is also set to hold for 24hours but the disconnect usually happens before that.

Have you tried it with a different router? That's really the only way you can know.

Edit: I meant the settings in Android. If you go to wifi settings, then hit menu and go to advanced settings there is an option for wifi sleep, where you can decide if you want the wifi to sleep, when the screen turns on, never when plugged in, or just straight up never.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This happens to me too! but for some reason my wifi stalls in an endless loop of "turning off..." it just stays grey. I have to restart the phone in order for it to act normally. It's probably my router though, I think I'm over loading it with the number of wifi devices I have running and the fact that my room is in the basement and my router is on the top floor.